The Student Room Group

Civil service applying for administration officer

Hello,

I have applied for an Administration Officer role with the Civil Court . Require to complete the application. I need to answer the 'managing a Quality Service' , 'Communicating and influence', 'Duties and responsibilities'
This is what the section asks:

"Provide statements below describing your skills and experience relevant to each of the stated behaviours. We recommend that you structure your example as Situation, Task, Action and Result. Each answer should not exceed 250 words"

I know how to use the STAR technique, i'm just not sure what examples to use and I am a bit stuck.
I would be grateful if somebody could help me with this. The word limit is 250 words.
Reply 1
Original post by RamuteA
Hello,

I have applied for an Administration Officer role with the Civil Court . Require to complete the application. I need to answer the 'managing a Quality Service' , 'Communicating and influence', 'Duties and responsibilities'
This is what the section asks:

"Provide statements below describing your skills and experience relevant to each of the stated behaviours. We recommend that you structure your example as Situation, Task, Action and Result. Each answer should not exceed 250 words"

I know how to use the STAR technique, i'm just not sure what examples to use and I am a bit stuck.
I would be grateful if somebody could help me with this. The word limit is 250 words.

Best advice would be to look at Success Profile Behaviours on Gov.uk. You will find examples of evidence required for each behaviour based on grade. Have a think about how your experience can transfer to meet each behaviour. If you write out your example with as much info as you can to begin with, you should then be able to cut it dow to the required 250 words, making sure you address the key behaviour indicators. Keep your Situation and Task brief, then the bulk of your example should focus on Action. What was YOUR impact? Then a couple of lines for result. Good Luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending