Someone help me organise my life - struggling year 12

Watch
Study6076
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I don't enjoy doing school work anymore/ have no motivation to revise as I have lost control of school work, i saw the negative consequences of this in GCSEs and I don't want it to repeat in year 12 but how can i make my self acctualyy want to do things??

Year 12 student
any help would be really appreciated
thanks
Last edited by Study6076; 3 weeks ago
frogplant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Study6076)
I don't enjoy doing school work anymore/ have no motivation to revise as I have lost control of school work, i saw the negative consequences of this in GCSEs and I don't want it to repeat in year 12 but how can i make my self acctualyy want to do things??

Year 12 student
thanks
I completely relate. Im in year 13 and have just started to actually get serious about a-levels. For certain subjects in year 1 I put in so much effort but the other I basically neglected completely. Now I find that making clear lists of what I need to do is very helpful. I use the app 'forest' to track how much time I spend revising to help me visually see it and make me hit a quota. Even if you don't feel like it, try and do a little bit to start with, it might get you into the swing of it. I wake up early and try and get as much done as early as possible too. Its hard but it feels like it's working.
frogplant
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Year 12 student
thanks
also, you just need to get through these two years and you'll be free. If you don't work hard now then two short years might turn into more. Make some plans and ideas for your future so you have something to work towards.
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by frogplant)
also, you just need to get through these two years and you'll be free. If you don't work hard now then two short years might turn into more. Make some plans and ideas for your future so you have something to work towards.
i'm just overwhelmed i need help with organising my life and theres no one to go through it with me
Sdecicco
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Year 12 student
thanks
The best advice I can give is to look over your work every day. It’s easy to push things to one side and say you’ll look at it later, but later never happens! And before you know it, it’s June. Review your notes, try to condense them into ‘what you need to know’ and then look for an exam question on that topic. Try the question without your notes, check the mark scheme, and then use the mark scheme answer to refine your notes.
Do that every day (just half an hour) and you will find that it starts to stick. The trick with A-levels is consistency. Keep on top of the pile of work, and you grow with it rather than having to climb it.
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sdecicco)
The best advice I can give is to look over your work every day. It’s easy to push things to one side and say you’ll look at it later, but later never happens! And before you know it, it’s June. Review your notes, try to condense them into ‘what you need to know’ and then look for an exam question on that topic. Try the question without your notes, check the mark scheme, and then use the mark scheme answer to refine your notes.
Do that every day (just half an hour) and you will find that it starts to stick. The trick with A-levels is consistency. Keep on top of the pile of work, and you grow with it rather than having to climb it.
yea thank you but right now im in the situation where i have not done what you have said for 4 weeks of school for 4 subjects and i have lots of undone hw i need someone to help me sort out my life
Study6076
Rep:
?
yea thank you but right now im in the situation where i have not done what you have said for 4 weeks of school for 4 subjects and i have lots of undone hw i need someone to help me sort out my life
my parents won't they will just get angry at me im too embarrassed to ask my teachers or any one i know
Sdecicco
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
At the moment it probably looks like a mountain, but think what it’s going to look like in June...

getting started is really hard, but once you start it will get easier. Are you carrying on with the 4 subjects next year too?
Study6076
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sdecicco)
At the moment it probably looks like a mountain, but think what it’s going to look like in June...

getting started is really hard, but once you start it will get easier. Are you carrying on with the 4 subjects next year too?
prolly not
Sdecicco
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
prolly not
Then I think you need to prioritise - think about where you want to go after college and how you need to get there. Then you should see which A-levels you need to focus on, and then any spare time use to catch up on the fourth. I hope that helps ☺️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.33%
I'm not sure (8)
2.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.33%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.33%
I'm not a current university student (136)
45.33%

Watched Threads