what are your best study motivators?

Watch
user1357
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
motivating myself to get back on track at the moment and wondered what other people do to motivate themselves/get out of a rut

i watch study youtubers, look at pretty study pics on pinterest/instagram and re-look through the course/uni i want to go through. using forest and making timetables helps as well
although sometimes the best thing is revising an easy topic to feel accomplished hahaha

Kotrii10
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
lmao mine is fear of failure
Theycallmeeman
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Making to do lists
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by user1357)
motivating myself to get back on track at the moment and wondered what other people do to motivate themselves/get out of a rut

i watch study youtubers, look at pretty study pics on pinterest/instagram and re-look through the course/uni i want to go through. using forest and making timetables helps as well
although sometimes the best thing is revising an easy topic to feel accomplished hahaha
I created this thread if it’s of any use.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6646062
Ellamayooo
Badges: 12
Report 3 weeks ago
At the moment I’ve got the prospect of proving someone wrong that’s propelling me forwards. Just imagining results day, and me waving that grade they didn’t think I was capable of in their face. That’s enough for me. Or the fact I’ll never have to do the subjects I don’t like ever again if I do well now. That’s enough for me (:
user1357
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kotrii10)
ah yes gotta love that one
user1357
Rep:
?
(Original post by 5hyl33n)
I created this thread if it’s of any use.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6646062
looks cool i'll check it out !!
AKK423
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Your life will be ruined if you don't study.

That's the truth of it, and that's why I study.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

competition.
me and my friends at undergrad made a bet in final year lowest average had to graduate with a shaven head.
user1357
Rep:
?
(Original post by mnot)
competition.
me and my friends at undergrad made a bet in final year lowest average had to graduate with a shaven head.
that is one hell of a motivator tbf
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Fear of failure holds me back. I end up burnt out because of the worry of failing.
Kotrii10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by plainjayne1)
Fear of failure holds me back. I end up burnt out because of the worry of failing.
I'll be honest it does me more harm than good but it's either I study too much or not at all
AKK423
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'll be honest it does me more harm than good but it's either I study too much or not at all
Could you elaborate on this?

I don't really know what people usually mean by "burn-out" and I also can't think of why it might do you harm?
Thanks.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 3 weeks ago
I wish I had something.
user1357
Rep:
?
(Original post by AKK423)

I don't really know what people usually mean by "burn-out" and I also can't think of why it might do you harm?
Thanks.
(personally) burn out is like when you are just exhausted and nothing seems effective or your motivation truly reaches zero lol
so that's not good for obvious reasons but for me also sometimes the fear of failure leads to me not starting what i should :/
Golderz Is Great
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Ellamayooo)
At the moment I’ve got the prospect of proving someone wrong that’s propelling me forwards. Just imagining results day, and me waving that grade they didn’t think I was capable of in their face. That’s enough for me. Or the fact I’ll never have to do the subjects I don’t like ever again if I do well now. That’s enough for me (:
never get on the wrong side of ella thats for sure................isnt that right
Sososnake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Reading 'Desiderata' by Max Ehrmann
becausethenight
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Making lists, and reminding myself why I need to do the thing (eg: I'm hungry, so I need to eat, so I should get up and toast bread)
Whoareyou?
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago

Honestly, the truth is you will never always be motivated to study. I know from previous experiences that waiting for motivation is the worst act of self sabotage you could ever do to yourself. You just have to start and get on with it; I can't guarantee that this won't be painful but with time you will get used to it and when you end up achieving the career/goal you wished for then it will all be worth it! Don't just quit because 30 minutes of studying has you wishing to be on your phone; it's not supposed to be easy.

Ensure you're self disciplined and you don't overwork yourself and you're already halfway there. Good luck!
Kotrii10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AKK423)

Thanks.
I don't know whether I've ever experienced this 'burn-out' that people talk about either but I have times where I've lost all motivation to study or I'm simply too exhausted to do anything but my brain is like 'no you need to study or you'll fail' and this happens when I'm relaxing too, and this just causes me so much stress. Hence why I'm saying it probably does me more harm than good.

I hope you can sorta understand what I mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads