roseflamingo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Which website has the most reliable and accurate uni ranking? Every website has different ones?
pepsimaxcherry
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Times Higher Education ranking is quite good!

None of them are 100% accurate so I recommend ranking your uni choices by their course ranking!
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
Which website has the most reliable and accurate uni ranking? Every website has different ones?
look at the criteria that goes into making the scores rather than the overall ranks themselves which tell you nothing!

personally i find The Sunday Times Good University Guide to be the most reliable: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...full-tp6dzs7wn
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
The Times Higher Education ranking is quite good!

None of them are 100% accurate so I recommend ranking your uni choices by their course ranking!
the problem with World rankings as a way to decide Undergraduate unis is that they focus more on things like research which are irrelevant to undergrads, tbh all metrics are highly questionable
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
the problem with World rankings as a way to decide Undergraduate unis is that they focus more on things like research which are irrelevant to undergrads, tbh all metrics are highly questionable
As I stated, none of them are 100% accurate. I also said it’s best to look at individual courses and how they rank at that particular uni, rather than looking at universities rankings in the world rankings.

I’m confused as to why you’ve quoted me?
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pepsimaxcherry)
As I stated, none of them are 100% accurate. I also said it’s best to look at individual courses and how they rank at that particular uni, rather than looking at universities rankings in the world rankings.

I’m confused as to why you’ve quoted me?
ah sorry my mistake! i completely agree
pepsimaxcherry
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
ah sorry my mistake! i completely agree
Haha! I thought I’d given misinformation for a second! No worries, I was agreeing with what you said in your original comment
roseflamingo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you! I have it downloaded. If you don’t mind, which one do you recommend for just UK unis?
username5422752
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi;

There is a variety of websites, I however find the Times University guide the most weirdly recognised. The Guardian also has a similar scheme which slightly differs from the latter.

I would recommend you narrow your search to subject areas as universal ranking can be subjective and a bit “off-putting”. Remember different universities are better for certain subjects than others so keep this in mind.

Hope this helps,
Dr Adams
A Rolling Stone
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by roseflamingo)
Thank you! I have it downloaded. If you don’t mind, which one do you recommend for just UK unis?
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...full-tp6dzs7wn

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...ables/rankings

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...1-league-table
Cryptographic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
World rankings are no use for undergrads. Guardian rankings are generally a complete joke.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (102)
13.37%
I'm not sure (32)
4.19%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (237)
31.06%
I have already dropped out (18)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (374)
49.02%

Watched Threads