The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
SamTheMan
What kind of shitty advice is that?
Girls who don't sleep around and who only have sex with guys they're going out with and care about are those that gain respect. It's tragic to see 15 and 16 year old girls shagging their way through their male friends, thinking they'll be better appreciated that way only to find out that noone wants them as a girlfriend. These days people understand the technicalities of sex before understanding relationships.
Guys are good at convincing girls to sleep with them, especially when they're younger and as guys, we're happy when we manage to have sex easily but do we want to go out with a girl who's an easy lay?
When you're in a serious, adult relationship, you want to know your partner's past because you love that person and want to know everything about them. This is the case for a lot of people anyway. When you find out that they've slept around, it can be a turnoff as you might realise that sex isn't important for that person.
You're still young and probably don't know the first thing about relationships so the kind of advice you're given is crap. How do you know how your current actions will affect your relationships in the future?

If you love someone, it shouldnt matter how many people theyve slept with in the past.

And I was in no way suggesting that people should just sleep around for the sake of it.
16... it was a mistake, i felt pressurised.
imasillynarb
If you love someone, it shouldnt matter how many people theyve slept with in the past.

And I was in no way suggesting that people should just sleep around for the sake of it.

Right... one day you find out that your girlfriend has slept with most of your mates in the past, that's not going to affect you?

You didn't suggest people should just sleep around but you were basically telling certain people that they shouldn't bother waiting for someone they have feelings for to have sex. Plus, you mentioned that fear of pregnancy shouldn't control your sexual behaviour. You've been advocating sex without feelings and (maybe less than puppy) criticised people who would rather have sex only in a stable relationship.

Maybe it's because you're not at an age where you care much about serious relationships but some of your comments are those that are used by guys who want to convince a girl to sleep with them. They tell the girl that it's no big deal, that it doesn't have to happen in a serious relationship, that they're not with the girl just for sex. Only to dump her shortly after... When a girl's 14, 15 or 16, how does she know how her behaviour is going to affect how people will perceive her? After a while, the girl's branded a slut when in reality, she never really wanted sex and didn't enjoy it. Then she has trouble finding a guy who respects her and who wants a serious relationship with her.
What a guy wants from a girl isn't at all the same when they're planning to have a stable relationship with her, than when they want an easy lay. Most guys would go out with a "sl!t" if it meant going out with them for a while and getting sex, but they'd never dream of being their boyfriend.
That's reality, buddy!
Reply 383
I lost my virginity at 15.. with a good friend of mine. We weren't together and we didn't love each other but i felt extremely comfortable and we felt relaxed with each other's bodies.. :smile:
Reply 384
shootingstar
16... it was a mistake, i felt pressurised.

was the mistake buckling under the pressure?
I was 14 and in retrospect I was too young but I was in that hideous rebellious, obnoxious teenage girl phase so drinking, having sex and smoking were the thing....though it was actually rebellious in my day and not the norm!
Reply 386
I don't see how people can do that.. buckle under pressure? surely deep down they wanted to do it but just put a front up that gave the impression that they we'r persuaded into having sex?
Reply 387
frost105
I was 14 and in retrospect I was too young but I was in that hideous rebellious, obnoxious teenage girl phase so drinking, having sex and smoking were the thing....though it was actually rebellious in my day and not the norm!

i wouldnt stand for that sort of behaviour if i had a 14yr old daughter
Reply 388
I was actually quite drunk on my first time, oopss
Reply 389
i know a friend who had sex at 13 and from there expiremented constantly, i.e. having sex with more than one person etc (don't really want to put the details..) what do u think about that sort of stuff?
Reply 390
I was 17 and I don't regret it for a moment. It was nearly two years ago now and I am still with the guy.
Tribi18
I don't see how people can do that.. buckle under pressure? surely deep down they wanted to do it but just put a front up that gave the impression that they we'r persuaded into having sex?

There's not minding sex and there's truly wanting it.
Reply 392
technik

yeah i would hate a hideous 14 year daughter IF I ever had one (which I never will, cant stand kids)
technik

Fortunatly my dad wasnt around and my mum was working 60 hours a week and keeping my brother of coke to really notice.
Reply 394
ramroff
yeah i would hate a hideous 14 year daughter IF I ever had one (which I never will, cant stand kids)

Omg, are you joking? U might change your mind when you get older... what if ur partner wants to start a family - will you finish them?
Reply 395
Tribi18
i know a friend who had sex at 13 and from there expiremented constantly, i.e. having sex with more than one person etc (don't really want to put the details..) what do u think about that sort of stuff?

thats just lame
Tribi18

When I left high school the girls in year 8 were doing all this as well as drinking etc. Its truely disturbing but sex education needs to be pushed at home as well as school.
Reply 397
wow, 60 hour week - bless her.. i guess theres the reason you went into a rebellious stage.. :?
ramroff

Teenage girls are awful to be fair. Boys just grunt
Tribi18

That's how 13 year olds think: just sleep with as many people as possible and you'll be really good at it, as if it were a game. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Sleeping with someone is an intimate experience, which is different every time. The day you're with someone you care about, it's not because you've shagged your way through a bunch of guys/girls that it's going to make the experience more enjoyable. Having already had sex does take away part of the fear though.

Latest

Trending

Trending