Turn on thread page Beta

At what age did you lose your virginity? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tribi18)
    wow, 60 hour week - bless her.. i guess theres the reason you went into a rebellious stage.. :?
    She was working to keep our heads afloat. Dad wouldnt pay any money until the finances were sorted and then dragged his darling feet for 9 months about it. Its one of the most admirable things she ever did for us.

ReputationRep:
    Omg, are you joking? U might change your mind when you get older... what if ur partner wants to start a family - will you finish them?
    if a girlfriend ever wanted to start a family i would run away, i never want kids and there is no way i would agree to 'try' for them..unless she shagged me unprotected when i was literally passed out, but then i would sue her for using my sperm without permission

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    When I left high school the girls in year 8 were doing all this as well as drinking etc. Its truely disturbing but sex education needs to be pushed at home as well as school.
    Yeh, i defiatly agree with u there frost! they needs to be more programmes around tea time (not while eating tea of course..) to get messages across i think.. and also to appeal more to the age group!

ReputationRep:
    wow so many people here are still virgins, nearly 43%, why, is it because most people here are under 13?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    if a girlfriend ever wanted to start a family i would run away, i never want kids and there is no way i would agree to 'try' for them..unless she shagged me unprotected when i was literally passed out, but then i would sue her for using my sperm without permission
    Ramroff, You are the first person ive met who seems to feel so strong about not having childeren, wow! well lets hope you won't be suing - that would make headline news! quite funny tho..

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i defiatly agree with u there frost! they needs to be more programmes around tea time (not while eating tea of course..) to get messages across i think.. and also to appeal more to the age group!
    I was thinking more of the parents sitting there kids down and talking about it. Less the mechanics and more the feelings and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that giving pleasure to people comes natural to people? Becuase there are never lessons about what is good / bad and what to do... like what makes a good sexual experience do you think ??

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be nice for parents and society to be more open about sex etc but people today and probably for a long time won't be so thats why the next best thing is tv.. it would be better for parents to talk about that sort of stuff but its still a taboo.

ReputationRep:
    I think age has little to do with it, its just if you've found that person that u feel happy to have sex with. You could be 14 and think u've found the right person or you could wait till ur 20, u cant realled judge just on age. I personally jugde more on how long a person has been going out/ known somewhere, one night stands = pretty bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    wow so many people here are still virgins, nearly 43%, why, is it because most people here are under 13?
    Because the average age here is about 17. By 16, most people are still virgins. So by 17, that number (43%) would make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _mad_moo_)
    I think age has little to do with it, its just if you've found that person that u feel happy to have sex with. You could be 14 and think u've found the right person or you could wait till ur 20, u cant realled judge just on age. I personally jugde more on how long a person has been going out/ known somewhere, one night stands = pretty bad
    I would agree with that. I have a friend who lost her virginity to her bf when she was 14 but they had been together a year and are still together now. I have other friends who lost their virginity in freshers week at uni aged 18 to a one night stand and really regret it. Age isn't the only factor and just because you were younge doesn't mean it was necissarly the wronge decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I was 17 and I don't regret it for a moment. It was nearly two years ago now and I am still with the guy.

Same Except it was nearly three years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that giving pleasure to people comes natural to people? Becuase there are never lessons about what is good / bad and what to do... like what makes a good sexual experience do you think ??
    Because you can't teach that. You can teach about one or two technical things but that's a tiny, almost neglectable part of having sex. You can have great sex with one person and have totally boring sex with another, just because you didn't connect with that person.

That's how 13 year olds think: just sleep with as many people as possible and you'll be really good at it, as if it were a game. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Sleeping with someone is an intimate experience, which is different every time. The day you're with someone you care about, it's not because you've shagged your way through a bunch of guys/girls that it's going to make the experience more enjoyable. Having already had sex does take away part of the fear though.

ReputationRep:
    if a guy is a really good friend with a girl and has always flirted since they met and one night they slept together but then carried on being really good friends after that and then slept together again, still being very good mates after (no change in the relationship) .. does that class as a one night stand?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard worse stories. I don;t know how all you lot were in year 8, but I know of a fair few who did quite a lot of stuff then. It hasn't bothered them, it doesn't bother me. They haven't been deeply affected by it. Sex is just something they wanted, and thought was a good laugh. You always have the urge to try out stuff in your teens, especially in the earlier stages- and if at that time, it makes you happy, then so be it.

As for the whole "sex is a big issue " thing..it's pretty cagey, we can all agree on that. But there a line between manipulating someone, and telling them your true opinion. Lets assume there two people of roughly the same age( 14/15), going out and having sex, with the argument that its no big deal. If one person tell the other that it's no big deal, and consequently they end up having sex, I can't see why anyoen should be blamed. Noone was forced into it, and come on, we're not all sweet and innocent and easily misled at that age. If you have sex because someone manages to convince its no big deal, at that age, then you can only hold yourself responsible. It's not the individuals at fault, just the system which seems to abhor peopel who've had a lot of partners, especially if they are female. And the worst abuse has a tendency of coming from the females themseleves, I've noticed.

My opinion...personally I don't feel any attachment at all during sex. There is no emotional link for me. I know that there might for other people - so I always declare my intentions and generally don't go into any sort of relationship where they might want something more, or if they're the type to think sex is all ...love and sweetness and connections and all that. But then again, we're all older now, so we have some experience about all that. Anyroad, that's just my two cents.

Oh yeah, missed the point of the topic. I was 16. Drunk one night stand, didnt regret it one bit.

ReputationRep:
    if a guy is a really good friend with a girl and has always flirted since they met and one night they slept together but then carried on being really good friends after that and then slept together again, still being very good mates after (no change in the relationship) .. does that class as a one night stand?
    Yeah. You had sex once with someone and you wont be doing it again. I'd say one night stand.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how people can do that.. buckle under pressure? surely deep down they wanted to do it but just put a front up that gave the impression that they we'r persuaded into having sex?
    My ex-boyfriend locked me in a room and made me touch his penis. Made me. I told him I didn't want to, and I told him I wanted to stop, and he didn't. I was scared, but I felt that I would be a **** if I didn't stay with him afterwards. From then on, I just did what he wanted when he wanted, because it hurt less to do things that I didn't want to do without having to go through the struggle first. I knew that I'd have to do it in the end, willingly or not, anyway. Luckily, it never went as far as sex. I buckled to pressure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottie)
    My ex-boyfriend locked me in a room and made me touch his penis. Made me. I told him I didn't want to, and I told him I wanted to stop, and he didn't. I was scared, but I felt that I would be a **** if I didn't stay with him afterwards. From then on, I just did what he wanted when he wanted, because it hurt less to do things that I didn't want to do without having to go through the struggle first. I knew that I'd have to do it in the end, willingly or not, anyway. Luckily, it never went as far as sex. I buckled to pressure.
    I'd let someone know. It's pretty messed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    There have been a few posts recently that have made me think about this. It's a subject I find quite interesting because there doesn't always seem to be much logic to who lost their virginity at a young age and who didn't. Of course the most interesting thing is why people lost it when they did, or why they are still waiting so if you vote on the poll it'd be great to hear some kind of explanation. Also thoughts on why people view virginity as important in the first place and why they feel sex is a big deal (if in fact they do) would be really interesting to hear.
    I havent and am proud of it. What is the point of doing it just to say you have? Unless you happen to meet the right person it isnt gonna feel right & sort of ruins it for the future I imagine Theres no rush.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember actually replying to the topic of this thread, but apologies if I have done so already!!

I lost my virginity when I was 18, I'd been with the guy 3 months and it just happened and felt right. I'm very glad I did it with that guy though, we were both virgins so no neither of us had any preconceived expectations and I'm still very good friends with guy now, every though we split up over three years ago.

I nearly slept with my first 'proper' boyfriend and would have really regretted it if I had, he kept trying to pressure me into it (and I nearly gave in, but he had a few 'problems' shall we say so nothing actually happened!!) He was a big moron though, he had a big complex about being a 19 year old virgin and was so tight with money he had a note book in his car for recording milage and charged me petrol money per mile whenever he took me out anywhere!!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.