Turn on thread page Beta

At what age did you lose your virginity? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I havent and am proud of it. What is the point of doing it just to say you have? Unless you happen to meet the right person it isnt gonna feel right & sort of ruins it for the future I imagine Theres no rush.
    Because sex is fun...does anyone need a better reason than that? Granted there may be "better" reasons but it doesn't mean that fun can't be a good reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    I've heard worse stories. I don;t know how all you lot were in year 8, but I know of a fair few who did quite a lot of stuff then. It hasn't bothered them, it doesn't bother me. They haven't been deeply affected by it. Sex is just something they wanted, and thought was a good laugh. You always have the urge to try out stuff in your teens, especially in the earlier stages- and if at that time, it makes you happy, then so be it.

As for the whole "sex is a big issue " thing..it's pretty cagey, we can all agree on that. But there a line between manipulating someone, and telling them your true opinion. Lets assume there two people of roughly the same age( 14/15), going out and having sex, with the argument that its no big deal. If one person tell the other that it's no big deal, and consequently they end up having sex, I can't see why anyoen should be blamed. Noone was forced into it, and come on, we're not all sweet and innocent and easily misled at that age. If you have sex because someone manages to convince its no big deal, at that age, then you can only hold yourself responsible. It's not the individuals at fault, just the system which seems to abhor peopel who've had a lot of partners, especially if they are female. And the worst abuse has a tendency of coming from the females themseleves, I've noticed.

My opinion...personally I don't feel any attachment at all during sex. There is no emotional link for me. I know that there might for other people - so I always declare my intentions and generally don't go into any sort of relationship where they might want something more, or if they're the type to think sex is all ...love and sweetness and connections and all that. But then again, we're all older now, so we have some experience about all that. Anyroad, that's just my two cents.

Oh yeah, missed the point of the topic. I was 16. Drunk one night stand, didnt regret it one bit.
    Unfortunately, noone acts solely according to their desires. You can end up having sex due to pressure from a boyfriend, because of social pressure (you end up thinking everyone your age has already done it), because you think you're uptight/unnormal if you don't. When you're not affected by these things, then you're acting the way you want to.
    Saying that it's girls that are the most critical towards girls who sleep around isn't true. Of course, if, like in your case, sex has no feelings attached to it, who cares if the girl you're sleeping with, has slept with hundreds of guys, including your best mates. As long as you get something out of it without catching an STI. But the day you want a serious relationship, it does count. Unfortunately, few girls who sleep around actually realise that their promiscuity diminishes their chances of getting a proper, serious boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    I was 16, it was good because I was in love with the guy and we were both virgins. However I wish i hadnt done it when i did, I still feel kinda guilty because more than anything it was revenge against someone else... but I always say: no regrets if you wanted to do something at the time, only regret something if you didnt want to do it!

ReputationRep:
    I was 14 and that was too too young and I wish I hadn't. but at the time it didn't seem that bad. I'm still with the guy i had sex with, but having sex that young means that your relationship is reduced to just that before its even really started. I wish i could start again and it would be better, more romantic and, hem, good? maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    There have been a few posts recently that have made me think about this. It's a subject I find quite interesting because there doesn't always seem to be much logic to who lost their virginity at a young age and who didn't. Of course the most interesting thing is why people lost it when they did, or why they are still waiting so if you vote on the poll it'd be great to hear some kind of explanation. Also thoughts on why people view virginity as important in the first place and why they feel sex is a big deal (if in fact they do) would be really interesting to hear.
    I lost it when i was about 20 i think, but the age was set back because of some medical problems i'd had up till then..nothing major..but enough to stop me...well you get the idea...It was to a prostitute, was down in london on my own...I know that might shock some people or people may judge me as a certain kind of person 'cos of that, but it all depends on someone's circumstances..i wanted to find out about it kind of objectively,with no emotional ties....I don't personally think its a big deal and can't really relate to people who go on about it in a dramatic fashion,or place huge importance on it, but people vary i guess

ReputationRep:
    I'm still a v and will be for some time to come I imagine (18)

(Original post by Zapsta)
    Let. The. Thread. Die.

ReputationRep:
    I was 15 and lost it to a guy who was 18, but I lied and told him I was 18 too. Looking back I was putting him in a bad position because the gay age of consent was still 18 at that point so he could have got into trouble.
    I have absolutely no regrets that I lost it at that age, to me sex is a physical experience and nothing more. So when I lost it I wasn't thinking this was a big emotional chapter in my life, just that I finally gained some experience and knew what it was like. I know some people attach an emotional significance to it and that is fine but I don't.

Going off on a slight tangent I suspect women attach more emotional aspects to it than men. Perhaps that is why the gay scene can be quite promiscuous. I'm 20 now and since I lost my virginity I've slept with around 100 people. Interestingly that makes me more ashamed than when I lost my virginity because I reckon I could only put a name to half of them. But then I know I am by no means unusual on the gay scene.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veryjammy)
    I was 15 and lost it to a guy who was 18, but I lied and told him I was 18 too. Looking back I was putting him in a bad position because the gay age of consent was still 18 at that point so he could have got into trouble.
    I have absolutely no regrets that I lost it at that age, to me sex is a physical experience and nothing more. So when I lost it I wasn't thinking this was a big emotional chapter in my life, just that I finally gained some experience and knew what it was like. I know some people attach an emotional significance to it and that is fine but I don't.

Going off on a slight tangent I suspect women attach more emotional aspects to it than men. Perhaps that is why the gay scene can be quite promiscuous. I'm 20 now and since I lost my virginity I've slept with around 100 people. Interestingly that makes me more ashamed than when I lost my virginity because I reckon I could only put a name to half of them. But then I know I am by no means unusual on the gay scene.
    Dont you worry about safety?? I'm not sure about the emotional point, being for women, there are some women who are promiscuous and sleep around with no emotion, and i personally am male and want to have some some depth in the relationship, other things i've tried,ie just sleeping with some person you don't like or respect just for sex, have just been a bit seedy or depressing to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naivesincerity)
    Dont you worry about safety?? I'm not sure about the emotional point, being for women, there are some women who are promiscuous and sleep around with no emotion, and i personally am male and want to have some some depth in the relationship, other things i've tried,ie just sleeping with some person you don't like or respect just for sex, have just been a bit seedy or depressing to me
    Sometimes I get a bit sick of casual sex but when I get into a relationship I find the sex gets stale after a few weeks to be honest and I long for the excitement that comes when you're having sex with someone new. A lot of gay couples choose to have open relationships or 3somes/groups for that very reason.
    If I have a lot of 1 nighters in a short time it makes me feel disconnected, as if I'm a robot having sex with another robot with no emotion involved if u see what I mean. So I try to exercise moderation when it comes to 1 nighters. I guess I'm confused with what I want cos at the moment I dont want a relationship nor endless 1 nighters. Thats where ****buddies come in handy I guess, as you know the person and like them as friends but can limit the intimacy to sex rather than a full blown r'ship.
    I'm not generalising with men/women but I do believe that, on the whole, women view losing their virginity as a bigger deal then men, and that more men are comfortable with 1 night stands than women, although times they are a-changing.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, i agree with the above by veryjammy. i lost mine at 16, after seeing a girl for 3 days, it was fun until we ran outa new things to try. but i have a '**** buddie' that i had a really good friendship with before hand and there's still an amount of intimacy because of how close we we're before hand. and with the whole man an woman thing, she instigated it, i was trying to resist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sixbo)
    hmm, i agree with the above by veryjammy. i lost mine at 16, after seeing a girl for 3 days, it was fun until we ran outa new things to try. but i have a '**** buddie' that i had a really good friendship with before hand and there's still an amount of intimacy because of how close we we're before hand. and with the whole man an woman thing, she instigated it, i was trying to resist.
    Indeed, in the words of Carrie from Sex and The City everyone should have a **** buddy for those awkward sex droughts when you have the physical urge but don't want to just go and find a one nighter

ReputationRep:
    lol, well said well said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Why do you wish you'd waited?
    As I wanted to just save myself for the right person

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to have sex. 0_0

ReputationRep:
    how do you've found the right person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sixbo)
    how do you've found the right person?
    That makes no sense, but I'll answer anyway -

I don't want to have sex with ANYONE. Not for a long long time.

ReputationRep:
    it was a general question. don worry

ReputationRep:
    isnt it a little... hmm... desperate to talk about this stuff?

ReputationRep:
    i know someone (a girl) who got raped unfortunately
    she's 19 now and was a virgin at 17 going on 18 but since some girls regret losing their virginity on a one night stand etc i think it must have been really hard for her to cope with mentally

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.