Turn on thread page Beta

At what age did you lose your virginity? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    I don't regret it! :eek:
    I know you don't regret it, but your first chance wasn't the ideal one if I remember correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Why so many people under 12? The rest of the data roughly (according to my chi-square tests) follow a normal distribution with mean 17 and standard deviation 1.5, but the under-12 statistic really sticks out as incorrect. Are people just picking that as a joke option or what?

(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I know you don't regret it, but your first chance wasn't the ideal one if I remember correctly.
    I don't believe I ever had a decent chance before anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beeblebrox87)
    Why so many people under 12? The rest of the data roughly (according to my chi-square tests) follow a normal distribution with mean 17 and standard deviation 1.5, but the under-12 statistic really sticks out as incorrect. Are people just picking that as a joke option or what?
    It'll be people like Eric choosing it, no worries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    May I also point out that the person who created the poll didn't make a very good one. They probably have the wrong impression about what is standard. There are way more people losing their virgnity after 20, than at 12, 13 or probably even 14.
    Check the poll results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    Check the poll results
    yes, I see a lot of "still a virgin". The fact that the average age on this forum is between 17 and 18, would explain a lot of that.

ReputationRep:
    just after turning 17... with my bf who i'm still with. i'm glad i waited til I was with him... we have a really trusting relationship and I can see myself being with him for a long while. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ainat87)
    just after turning 17... with my bf who i'm still with. i'm glad i waited til I was with him... we have a really trusting relationship and I can see myself being with him for a long while. :love:

Aaaah true love still exists ina cynical age

ReputationRep:
    I was 16, we loved each other, it was right.

I think it's more about the right situation than the right age. If it's when you're with someone you love and trust, you're ready, and you want to, it shouldn't matter if you're 15 or 20.

(Original post by Zurich)
    I was 16, we loved each other, it was right.
    Damn straight boy.

ReputationRep:
    cant believe 6 ppl lost their virginity when they were under 12 that is way 2 young!

(Original post by kat_r)
    cant believe 6 ppl lost their virginity when they were under 12 that is way 2 young!
    I think at least 4 of those are virgins who don't want to admit they are, so they're messing around.

ReputationRep:
    16 ... it was a one night stand... which i regretted afterwards!

Alchohol... bad bad bad haha

ReputationRep:
    12 or under...?? WHAT THE HELL???

ReputationRep:
    i lost my virginity at the age of 14 i slept with my boyfriend who was 17 at the time and i ended up getting pregnant 4 months later by him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annik)
    12 or under...?? WHAT THE HELL???
    Ridiculous isn't it? And there's only a 20 and older category as if 20 was an extremely old age to lose your virginity. There are loads and loads of people over 20 who haven't slept with anyone. When you care about intimacy, feelings, and you find it hard to find a girlfriend and you're not confident, then it's no surprise you're still a virgin.
    I'm surrounded by 20somethings who are still virgins. It really isn't that strange.

ReputationRep:
    12 and under is awful but semi understandable. My friend lost hers at 13 she had been seeing the guy for a year and they carried on dating til she was 21 she has only slept with 2 others since.

Its really young though.

ReputationRep:
    6 people lost their virginity when they were 12 and under, omg, Im worried.

(Original post by BlueAngel)
    6 people lost their virginity when they were 12 and under, omg, Im worried.
    For the last time, those are virgins who don't want to admit it, and so they're messing around.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats funny

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.