My birthday - am i being a brat

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My boyfriend planned for us to go to a fancy place but it got cancelled due to the curfew. the restaurant rescheduled for brunch the next morning but my boyfriend didn’t plan anything for the actual day except a night at the travelodge. He said we could get nandos ???? I was annoyed because i asked him if he needed help finding somewhere for my birthday weekend at short notice and he declined. He said it’s not my concern... but on the day it’s NANDOS???? I had to then go online and choose my own restaurant which wasn’t hard despite him claiming he’d tried to look and couldn’t find anything.

we ended up going to a nice place but obvs i chose this and then the brunch the next day was amazing.

Am i being bratty
khadijaaaxxxx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
yeah be grateful
Ray_Shadows
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
you do know we're still dealing with this pandemic right , you should be thankful you're allowed to see your bf or even go to nandos
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Why does it matter if you go to a fancy restaurant or get Nando’s? Surely the whole point is to spend some time together, rather than spend money...
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Its just a birthday. Hes already taking you out for a fancy brunch the next morning.
Seems reasonable to get Nandos.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
My boyfriend planned for us to go to a fancy place but it got cancelled due to the curfew. the restaurant rescheduled for brunch the next morning but my boyfriend didn’t plan anything for the actual day except a night at the travelodge. He said we could get nandos ???? I was annoyed because i asked him if he needed help finding somewhere for my birthday weekend at short notice and he declined. He said it’s not my concern... but on the day it’s NANDOS???? I had to then go online and choose my own restaurant which wasn’t hard despite him claiming he’d tried to look and couldn’t find anything.

we ended up going to a nice place but obvs i chose this and then the brunch the next day was amazing.

Am i being bratty
Go enjoy the brunch, don't overly fixate on the small things. We are in the middle of a pandemic...

Ultimately the company is more important than the venue, and Nandos thigh burger with chilli jam is delicious.
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Am i being bratty
Kind of, yeah.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed