Student1999_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi! So I studied health and social Care level 3 extended diploma and got D*D*D*. I studied this because at the time I was adamant of being a paramedic and college said this was the best course to do so.
However as time went on (I’m now 20) I still haven’t gone to uni. I had an amazing gap year and have since worked in tv as a runner which I love so much!
However I miss education crazy amounts. I want to go and get a degree and a “back up option” to tv which is hard to have a steady career in. Or maybe I’ll prefer my degree to working in tv and do that. I’ve looked at both biomedical science and mental health nursing, both interest me!
Anyway, what I want to know is can I study biomedical science anywhere with health and social care? Looking back I wish I studied science at college, I really regret not doing so. Or would I have to do a foundation of biomedical science? I’d be 21 at the time of the course so I’m worried about being the “old” one living in halls. I don’t really want to do an access course and have already missed the September cohort for this year so that option is kinda gone!
Also what career can I do wirh Bio med? Is it just nhs lab work?
Thankyou!
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Student1999_)
Hi! So I studied health and social Care level 3 extended diploma and got D*D*D*. I studied this because at the time I was adamant of being a paramedic and college said this was the best course to do so.
However as time went on (I’m now 20) I still haven’t gone to uni. I had an amazing gap year and have since worked in tv as a runner which I love so much!
However I miss education crazy amounts. I want to go and get a degree and a “back up option” to tv which is hard to have a steady career in. Or maybe I’ll prefer my degree to working in tv and do that. I’ve looked at both biomedical science and mental health nursing, both interest me!
Anyway, what I want to know is can I study biomedical science anywhere with health and social care? Looking back I wish I studied science at college, I really regret not doing so. Or would I have to do a foundation of biomedical science? I’d be 21 at the time of the course so I’m worried about being the “old” one living in halls. I don’t really want to do an access course and have already missed the September cohort for this year so that option is kinda gone!
Also what career can I do wirh Bio med? Is it just nhs lab work?
Thankyou!
Hi Student1999_

In relation to entry requirements for Biomedical Science, here at Hull, our entry requirements are 112 UCAS Points (Equivalent from D M M ).

Applicants should have A level Biology/Applied Science at Grade C or above (or merit from relevant BTEC).

I would advise contacting our admissions team as they will be in the best position to advise you with this. You can contact them via email - [email protected] or by telephone 01482466100

In regards to future prospects, there is a range of future careers which you can go into having completed a biomedical science degree.
Heres just a selection:
Biomedical scientist
Forensic scientist
Biotechnologist
Toxicologist
Healthcare scientist
Medical research scientist
Some biomedical scientists work in laboratories for the NHS and private sector. Modern laboratories are the hi-tech hubs of hospitals, at the cutting-edge of medical technology.

You will be eligible to work in academic research, the health service, in biomedical scientist roles, in medical institutions and in education.

Our graduates go into a diverse range of other careers with employers such as ConocoPhillips, RB (formerly Reckitt Benckiser), the Civil Service, Boots, various hospitals and the NHS.

If you would like further information on our biomedical science degree you can visit our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...1&var=standard

I Hope this helps
Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (84)
14.51%
I'm not sure (26)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (181)
31.26%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.07%
I'm not a current university student (276)
47.67%

Watched Threads