mxlxikx
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m currently a student who has just finished year 13 was awarded my Centre Assessed Grades rather than taking exams. I received a lot lower than expected with ABC overall, which meant that I unfortunately missed out on my LSE offer. I’m planning on retaking my C grade subject privately next summer and hopefully achieving an A*AB overall. I want to attend a Russel group university and just wanted to come on here and ask of what my chances would be of getting into Cambridge with A*AB for law. I also come from a low income background and not so great state school. Would it be possible for me to receive a contextual offer from Cambridge or any other Russel groups universities in London with the A*AB?
milliejayne19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Cambridge don't give out contextual offers, but there are a number of Russell group unis that do. You'll have to check your eligibility for a contextual offer at each institution because they don't all have the same requirements to meet.
gorilla_08
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by mxlxikx)
I’m currently a student who has just finished year 13 was awarded my Centre Assessed Grades rather than taking exams. I received a lot lower than expected with ABC overall, which meant that I unfortunately missed out on my LSE offer. I’m planning on retaking my C grade subject privately next summer and hopefully achieving an A*AB overall. I want to attend a Russel group university and just wanted to come on here and ask of what my chances would be of getting into Cambridge with A*AB for law. I also come from a low income background and not so great state school. Would it be possible for me to receive a contextual offer from Cambridge or any other Russel groups universities in London with the A*AB?
I hate to put it this way, but if you dont have that mentality of getting A*A*A*, you probably shouldnt be thinking of going to cambridge. There are students that come from low income, and still get all A*s. I think you can easily get offers from russel group unviersities with A*AB, like manchester or bristol or birmingham etc.
mxlxikx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by milliejayne19)
Cambridge don't give out contextual offers, but there are a number of Russell group unis that do. You'll have to check your eligibility for a contextual offer at each institution because they don't all have the same requirements to meet.
Okay thank you for your help, I’ll have a look at few of the other universities websites 🙂
mxlxikx
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by gorilla_08)
I hate to put it this way, but if you dont have that mentality of getting A*A*A*, you probably shouldnt be thinking of going to cambridge. There are students that come from low income, and still get all A*s. I think you can easily get offers from russel group unviersities with A*AB, like manchester or bristol or birmingham etc.
No, thank you I appreciate your honesty. I’ll have a look at different universities instead of using up one of my 5 choices for Cambridge, if it’s unlikely I’ll get in.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.73%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.62%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.84%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.38%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.77%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (129)
19.66%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.79%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.2%

Watched Threads