mikaxella
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm currently looking at unis and picking which one i want to apply to, I want to do child nursing.
could anyone advice on specific coursing that offer a module in neonatal care.
or is neonatal care a general part of a child nursing course?
I really like the modules in the course in Kings, but very unlikely to attend there as it's a very expensive city that foes not appeal to me
Bec :)
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi!
I work on a neonatal unit at the moment and from what student nurses have told me, majority of ICU placements are based on neonatal units and you learn a lot on the unit. To have full neonatal qualification, you do a separate course (QIS) after getting your nursing degree which most employers pay for you to do!
mikaxella
Rep:
?
thank you for that confirmation!
is there a uni you would reccomend me go to for child nursing?
FutureAnnp90
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi,

LSBU has a neonatal pathway where every year you have a placement in NICU, have study days and receive certificates.

However, I noticed you mentioned Kings and not really being interested to go there so guessing you don’t live in or want to live in London as LSBU is literally down the road from Kings.

I don’t know any other uni that offers this though so courses will be generic in other universities and you can always train in your nqn job when you qualify.

Good luck.
mikaxella
Rep:
?
I just read more into the neonatal care at LSBU, thanks to your suggestion! it's very intriguing! thank you so much xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (104)
13.33%
I'm not sure (34)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.9%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
48.97%

Watched Threads