Lostcause01
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Sorry for the long post but I need to rant, serious replies only pls.

I moved back to uni today after being in lockdown and I didn’t really want to go and my financial situation is just not it rn, but I wanted to see my friends so i came. But my accommodation is gross; guess that’s my own fault for not viewing it first but my friends living there showed me a video and it looked fine. But in person it looks like a dump. The front door is broken so anyone can walk in, my room is tiny and there’s a stench coming from it. I have one wardrobe that is made of chipped wood, there’s bugs everywhere and it just looks like a hostel. So my day was already off to a bad start(in 2nd year now btw). So my friends and I decided to get some wings cus I had no food, I thought they were paying for themselves but they conveniently forgot their cards. So I was like it’s fine u can transfer. Then we went into town and needed to get an Uber back, I had to pay again cus they didn’t have the app. Then they say they want to go to a restaurant to eat dinner which is fine and I told them over and over that I wasn’t paying for their meal. So they said they would transfer it, I trusted their word and when I checked my account my friend only transferred me £4 and the other gave nothing and the bill was £33. But they think that it’s all a joke when I tell them to transfer it like they just dismiss me when I’m acc very broke. Later on we were just chilling I went to their accom and then they started making fun of me, but I found it funny at first cus it’s just banter but then my friend started talking about how I’m broke and my shoes and my hair and just being plain mean. I was basically the butt of the jokes, they weren’t laughing w me they were laughing at me. So it really ruined my mood, no apology no checking to see if I was offended which I clearly was. Now I’m just depressed, I don’t even wanna be here but I’m stuck her in this crap accom and friends that love to make fun of me and scrounge my money off me like I’m a bank. I feel like I’m their entertainment
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Lostcause01)
Sorry for the long post but I need to rant, serious replies only pls.

I moved back to uni today after being in lockdown and I didn’t really want to go and my financial situation is just not it rn, but I wanted to see my friends so i came. But my accommodation is gross; guess that’s my own fault for not viewing it first but my friends living there showed me a video and it looked fine. But in person it looks like a dump. The front door is broken so anyone can walk in, my room is tiny and there’s a stench coming from it. I have one wardrobe that is made of chipped wood, there’s bugs everywhere and it just looks like a hostel. So my day was already off to a bad start(in 2nd year now btw). So my friends and I decided to get some wings cus I had no food, I thought they were paying for themselves but they conveniently forgot their cards. So I was like it’s fine u can transfer. Then we went into town and needed to get an Uber back, I had to pay again cus they didn’t have the app. Then they say they want to go to a restaurant to eat dinner which is fine and I told them over and over that I wasn’t paying for their meal. So they said they would transfer it, I trusted their word and when I checked my account my friend only transferred me £4 and the other gave nothing and the bill was £33. But they think that it’s all a joke when I tell them to transfer it like they just dismiss me when I’m acc very broke. Later on we were just chilling I went to their accom and then they started making fun of me, but I found it funny at first cus it’s just banter but then my friend started talking about how I’m broke and my shoes and my hair and just being plain mean. I was basically the butt of the jokes, they weren’t laughing w me they were laughing at me. So it really ruined my mood, no apology no checking to see if I was offended which I clearly was. Now I’m just depressed, I don’t even wanna be here but I’m stuck her in this crap accom and friends that love to make fun of me and scrounge my money off me like I’m a bank. I feel like I’m their entertainment
You have grounds and I think most people would be upset..
You are overreacting in the sense you need to ride it out and not let it damage your MH.
Send them each an itemised bill about asking for the money back and give them x days to pay.
If they ignore you then go and get a hardship loan from the uni and explain why, that might get them worried.
Never lend any of them money anymore.

It could just be banter gone too far.
Get a door stop and the landlord to repair the door.
Get some cleaning products and thoroughly clean your room to make it as clean and nice as possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (81)
26.91%
No - I have already returned home (38)
12.62%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
19.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.3%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.23%

Watched Threads