Man of few words
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Not sure why im posting on here but i have no one to talk to so.

So for quite a while ive been in a never ending cycle of feeling extremely sad at times. Sometimes during the day i feel ok but then over times i just feel so lost.

I feel like i have no one i can talk to truly about my problems and i feel it eating me up inside, and well it just hurts.

And recently ive been even worse. My dad has recently had a pretty serious heart attack and is in a bad condition, which has added to my sadness.

The stupid thing is i dont have a real reason to be sad, like my life if pretty normal. Got some decent friends, good family, job. But even tho im privileged to have all these things i just feel so lost.

Like ive been to the point where ive done self harm and even wrote notes incase i was to ever "disappear".

The thing that annoys me the most is i sound so selfish, i have it so easy compared to others but im still just hurting so badly.

I really self conscious about my appearance, i always end up beating myself up about that aswell.

I dont know, am i just stupid? Maybe seeking attention? I dont really have the answers so was wondering if anyone can give am insight.

Thanks
_wdw0703_
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Man of few words)

So for quite a while ive been in a never ending cycle of feeling extremely sad at times. Sometimes during the day i feel ok but then over times i just feel so lost.

I feel like i have no one i can talk to truly about my problems and i feel it eating me up inside, and well it just hurts.

And recently ive been even worse. My dad has recently had a pretty serious heart attack and is in a bad condition, which has added to my sadness.

The stupid thing is i dont have a real reason to be sad, like my life if pretty normal. Got some decent friends, good family, job. But even tho im privileged to have all these things i just feel so lost.

Like ive been to the point where ive done self harm and even wrote notes incase i was to ever "disappear".

The thing that annoys me the most is i sound so selfish, i have it so easy compared to others but im still just hurting so badly.

I really self conscious about my appearance, i always end up beating myself up about that aswell.

I dont know, am i just stupid? Maybe seeking attention? I dont really have the answers so was wondering if anyone can give am insight.

Thanks
Hey, my name is Vicky.
I feel very similar to the way you currently are feeling and feel it near enough all the time. It's nice to hear that you have the courage to share it on here as there may be others who need to know they aren't alone. Don't ever think of yourself as an attention seeker you are just looking for help.
Feel free to message me privately x
Man of few words
Rep:
?
(Original post by _wdw0703_)
Hey, my name is Vicky.
I feel very similar to the way you currently are feeling and feel it near enough all the time. It's nice to hear that you have the courage to share it on here as there may be others who need to know they aren't alone. Don't ever think of yourself as an attention seeker you are just looking for help.
Feel free to message me privately x
Thanks, ill think on it. I appreciate it
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well, even with objectively good things happening in your life, things can still be bad in terms of your mental health. Are you trying to look after yourself? What's your sleep like? Are you staying hydrated? What about your appetite?

How long has this been going on for? It might be worth calling your GP. If you want to talk, I'm also willing to listen.

Sorry to hear about your dad too.
Man of few words
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Well, even with objectively good things happening in your life, things can still be bad in terms of your mental health. Are you trying to look after yourself? What's your sleep like? Are you staying hydrated? What about your appetite?

How long has this been going on for? It might be worth calling your GP. If you want to talk, I'm also willing to listen.

Sorry to hear about your dad too.
my sleep is really bad, i average about 4 hours a night, sometimes im just lay there stuck in thought mostly about how much i hate myself, and it last for hours. i drink plenty of water everyday. and ive been working on eating more healthy and actually eating more than one meal a day. and ive considered it but ive heard from other people that they basically didn't even help so i dont know.

and thanks i appreciate it.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
my sleep is really bad, i average about 4 hours a night, sometimes im just lay there stuck in thought mostly about how much i hate myself, and it last for hours. i drink plenty of water everyday. and ive been working on eating more healthy and actually eating more than one meal a day. and ive considered it but ive heard from other people that they basically didn't even help so i dont know.

and thanks i appreciate it.
Self-hate is horrible to have to deal with. What I would suggest is when you can't sleep, get up, do something different. Then try again. No point sitting there engaging with the self-loathing. You deserve better than that.

Try it for yourself. They might help you but you have to be willing to work. Recovering from MH issues isn't easy, but it is necessary. You deserve better. In the mean time, gratitude journalling meditation, mindfulness, engaging with hobbies, etc. All can help. It's hard to get going when you're feeling low though, sometimes you have to force yourself to do things even when you can't be bothered. MH recovery requires a multi-faceted approach after all!
Man of few words
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pathway)
Self-hate is horrible to have to deal with. What I would suggest is when you can't sleep, get up, do something different. Then try again. No point sitting there engaging with the self-loathing. You deserve better than that.

Try it for yourself. They might help you but you have to be willing to work. Recovering from MH issues isn't easy, but it is necessary. You deserve better. In the mean time, gratitude journalling meditation, mindfulness, engaging with hobbies, etc. All can help. It's hard to get going when you're feeling low though, sometimes you have to force yourself to do things even when you can't be bothered. MH recovery requires a multi-faceted approach after all!
Ok ill try and give that a go, thanks for the advice i appreciate the reply's
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Ok ill try and give that a go, thanks for the advice i appreciate the reply's
You're welcome. Calm and Headspace are good apps to help get you started. But I would encourage you to speak to your GP - my university GP was very understanding and supportive with my MH. They're not all bad!
Ki Yung Na
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

Thanks
There’s not much that can be done if it happens this frequently. It could be that you have feelings weighing you down chemically.

I am not saying go to the drs, but counselling can help sometimes in this kind of situation.

You do need, as you have rightly realised; people to talk to.

When you’re in this situation the only reason it feels like you’re attention seeking is because that is actually what you need.

What you said you have: job, education, friends and family. They aren’t aware or seeing your reality.

There are things that are stressing you down and there are things that you’re feeling bad because of.

Communication and expression is the only way to overcome this.

You have made a first step. You’ve identified you’re down even though everything seems right. Another step you’ve done is that you’ve written it all out for others to see if they can help you or direct you. This is good work as well, it shows you care for yourself and you also want to care about what others can do.

The reality is, meds have a 50/50 of helping, if at all.

Are the other things in your life consistent, eg: sleep, eating and routines/motivation?
Man of few words
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
There’s not much that can be done if it happens this frequently. It could be that you have feelings weighing you down chemically.

I am not saying go to the drs, but counselling can help sometimes in this kind of situation.

You do need, as you have rightly realised; people to talk to.

When you’re in this situation the only reason it feels like you’re attention seeking is because that is actually what you need.

What you said you have: job, education, friends and family. They aren’t aware or seeing your reality.

There are things that are stressing you down and there are things that you’re feeling bad because of.

Communication and expression is the only way to overcome this.

You have made a first step. You’ve identified you’re down even though everything seems right. Another step you’ve done is that you’ve written it all out for others to see if they can help you or direct you. This is good work as well, it shows you care for yourself and you also want to care about what others can do.

The reality is, meds have a 50/50 of helping, if at all.

Are the other things in your life consistent, eg: sleep, eating and routines/motivation?
Thanks for the reply, i never saw it that way before, i just assumed it was like attention seeking or stupid because theres a certain stigma around this kind of stuff.

And not going to lie, no they are very inconsistent. I roughly get 4 hours of sleep a night, i have 1 meal a day, i dont have any routine apart from walking my dog and doing some modelling. As of recent i have lost all motivation into modelling and have given up. Im not really sure why but i have
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply, i never saw it that way before, i just assumed it was like attention seeking or stupid because theres a certain stigma around this kind of stuff.

And not going to lie, no they are very inconsistent. I roughly get 4 hours of sleep a night, i have 1 meal a day, i dont have any routine apart from walking my dog and doing some modelling. As of recent i have lost all motivation into modelling and have given up. Im not really sure why but i have
From one man of few words to another.

I understand man, I know what you’re going through.

It is stigmatised and it’s only done so because it’s new to talk about these struggles publicly - times were different before. Lifestyles were simpler and more less diverse and more traditional.

Those things you say you are missing or lacking in, are indicative of a depressive/stress and anxiety situation experience. You already know this.

There’s something or somethings in your life which are too uncertain and you’re not able to keep a physical routine because something is causing your mind to go off of what would be your routine.

The cause of your struggling could be internal, eg a mental health condition or it could external, and be your surroundings or lifestyle (behaviours, habits of using substances like alcohol, relationships of negativity and so on)

You need a high...

I’m not talking go snort a line.

You need something that is sustainable and builds your mood or psyche slowly (your mood and motivation), this is why counselling was a suggestion but it isn’t right for every circumstance so

Videos and reading can help.

Talking on the forum can do so too. Any activity that involves expressing your thoughts instead of holding them in.

Your modelling is either too stressful atm or it’s not giving you the mental freedom that gives you enough enjoyment at the moment consistently. Same can be said of friends and relationships

As uninteresting as it may sound - other hobbies will help you.

Hobbies give you something to either speak to people about, or they give you behind the eyes confidence so when you do speak to others - you know for yourself alone, that there is something else you can put your mind to which won’t disappoint or stress you.

All the best brother ((I’m assuming you’re a brother, if not, apologies)
Man of few words
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
From one man of few words to another.

I understand man, I know what you’re going through.

It is stigmatised and it’s only done so because it’s new to talk about these struggles publicly - times were different before. Lifestyles were simpler and more less diverse and more traditional.

Those things you say you are missing or lacking in, are indicative of a depressive/stress and anxiety situation experience. You already know this.

There’s something or somethings in your life which are too uncertain and you’re not able to keep a physical routine because something is causing your mind to go off of what would be your routine.

The cause of your struggling could be internal, eg a mental health condition or it could external, and be your surroundings or lifestyle (behaviours, habits of using substances like alcohol, relationships of negativity and so on)

You need a high...

I’m not talking go snort a line.

You need something that is sustainable and builds your mood or psyche slowly (your mood and motivation), this is why counselling was a suggestion but it isn’t right for every circumstance so

Videos and reading can help.

Talking on the forum can do so too. Any activity that involves expressing your thoughts instead of holding them in.

Your modelling is either too stressful atm or it’s not giving you the mental freedom that gives you enough enjoyment at the moment consistently. Same can be said of friends and relationships

As uninteresting as it may sound - other hobbies will help you.

Hobbies give you something to either speak to people about, or they give you behind the eyes confidence so when you do speak to others - you know for yourself alone, that there is something else you can put your mind to which won’t disappoint or stress you.

All the best brother ((I’m assuming you’re a brother, if not, apologies)
yeah ive been trying to do new things, been struggling to stay motivated but im trying my best. and all though it might sound a bit sad i play with a girl online quite a lot and were quite similar in our problems so ive spoken to her and its kind of felt like I've lifted a bit of stress off my chest as it was voice person to person, as i could go into more detail about my issues, and with her being very similar I could hear her take on what she's doing.

To be honest I'm not fully certain what cause me to feel this way, I think part of it is my opinions on myself but I also feel like I'm just unhappy with where I'm at at them moment.

I appreciate the reply, ill try and take ur advice the best as I can.

And cheers brother (dont worry im am ahah)
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah ive been trying to do new things, been struggling to stay motivated but im trying my best. and all though it might sound a bit sad i play with a girl online quite a lot and were quite similar in our problems so ive spoken to her and its kind of felt like I've lifted a bit of stress off my chest as it was voice person to person, as i could go into more detail about my issues, and with her being very similar I could hear her take on what she's doing.

To be honest I'm not fully certain what cause me to feel this way, I think part of it is my opinions on myself but I also feel like I'm just unhappy with where I'm at at them moment.

I appreciate the reply, ill try and take ur advice the best as I can.

And cheers brother (dont worry im am ahah)
one more piece of thought: get some weights or take some walks with/without music on and a bottle to carry when you need it for hydration. physical exercise is decent but the actual act of lifting or walking makes endorphins inside the brain - it will or should, help with any physical tiredness/fatigue you have.

otherwise, it's good you've got someone to speak to and a hobby to play with.

Always judge how relationships effects you from now on, girls or boys it doesn't matter. it can also be cause for drain, especially gaslight types of friends.

all the best. life usually gets harder (we get stronger and are able to deal with it better but life does get harder).

keep reaching out when things aren't going your way. the friend you have at the moment is an example of this, as is the post on this forum. it's good practice, well done for doing it
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago

Thanks
Hey ive been feeling really down as well and came here id love to talk as I feel like I have no one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.18%
No (80)
52.63%
I don't know (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads