I want a second lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Is that really selfish? I can't cope with the stress from work anymore, but I can't get out and find a different job.
I'm salaried so I end up working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week come home and cry every day. I'm so fed up.
What jobs can I do with a science background?
Always_Confused
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I understand. Lockdown was very hard for a lot of people, equally for many, it was the first time in a long time they could take some time for themselves. Does your workplace offer any stress support or access to mental health support? Anything you can access that can help with your low mood about work could be helpful. I don't want to say 'stay positive' but if you're in a position where you can't leave your current job while you look for a new one, try to look or create a bit of positive for yourself at work. Take special lunches or after every last shift of the week, get a small treat for yourself. Look after yourself.
Can I ask where you're currently working? What kind of science background do you have (degree educated etc)?
I could recommend a lot of jobs, but without a bit more info, it may not be relevant to your background or the same job you're in now and you'll hate it.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Is that really selfish? I can't cope with the stress from work anymore, but I can't get out and find a different job.
I'm salaried so I end up working 10 hours a day, 6 days a week come home and cry every day. I'm so fed up.
What jobs can I do with a science background?
No it’s not selfish in your situation I understand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (33)
17.19%
I'm not sure (5)
2.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (68)
35.42%
I have already dropped out (3)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (83)
43.23%

Watched Threads