The Student Room Group

sfe late application

hi i applied for sfe 2019/20 in jan 2020 and have been chasing sfe every month for an update and they kept saying we’re looking into whether the form was received or not and then in may i got worried and asked them to reconfirm only for them to then say they haven’t received it. the person i spoke to said it was ok to send another form in and would be processed without rejecting as it’s not my fault and i've spoke to them before to state ive sent many forms before. i had to send 2 more even after then for them to confirm they received it in june. i was told to wait another 3 weeks for this to be processed and i called them in late aug for an update only for them to say its now rejected as passed deadline !? i just needed a household income assessment so my uni could provide bursary by 31 july 2020 which now can’t be done as the uni is claiming its passed deadline for them too and cant do anything is there anyway i can take this further. and does anyone know if this happens often ?
Original post by hibx
hi i applied for sfe 2019/20 in jan 2020 and have been chasing sfe every month for an update and they kept saying we’re looking into whether the form was received or not and then in may i got worried and asked them to reconfirm only for them to then say they haven’t received it. the person i spoke to said it was ok to send another form in and would be processed without rejecting as it’s not my fault and i've spoke to them before to state ive sent many forms before. i had to send 2 more even after then for them to confirm they received it in june. i was told to wait another 3 weeks for this to be processed and i called them in late aug for an update only for them to say its now rejected as passed deadline !? i just needed a household income assessment so my uni could provide bursary by 31 july 2020 which now can’t be done as the uni is claiming its passed deadline for them too and cant do anything is there anyway i can take this further. and does anyone know if this happens often ?

Presumably you have lots of evidence and can replicate the timeline of events?

You should make an official complaint.

Sounds like they have been shockingly incompetent on your version.
https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/student-loans-company/about/complaints-procedure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending