TamChuu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I’m in need of some advice from anyone on how to easily cope with revision and tests since I am doing triple science, but I can’t get the gist out of anything. I can’t really change back now since i’m in year 10 but i’m so overwhelmed with the sciences altogether in memorising things for tests, despite coming from a 3-year-gcse-course.

I just came from set 2, and many of the people in my class are from set 1 and already know this as my previous year 9 class just copied down notes and didn’t learn anything from that at all.

Since I took Art and Music for two optional GCSEs, it’s hard for me to wrap my time around them as well as the two have courseworks that need a little more time.
Anyone got some advice?
Last edited by TamChuu; 4 weeks ago
emily.g34
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
At my school if a student was really struggling with tripple science the teachers let them drop to double science

keep practising remember your only in year 10!! Flash cards and seneca learning were my life savers for GCSE
take 10 mins everyday to work on a topic on seneca as they dont take long write anything down that you didnt know then put it on a flashcard and keep testing yourself. Find quizzes online or if you have a revision guide look at the questions in their.
DONT PANIC now or burn yourself out.
Good luck!! let me know if i can do anything else to help
TamChuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by emily.g34)
At my school if a student was really struggling with tripple science the teachers let them drop to double science

keep practising remember your only in year 10!! Flash cards and seneca learning were my life savers for GCSE
take 10 mins everyday to work on a topic on seneca as they dont take long write anything down that you didnt know then put it on a flashcard and keep testing yourself. Find quizzes online or if you have a revision guide look at the questions in their.
DONT PANIC now or burn yourself out.
Good luck!! let me know if i can do anything else to help
Thank you so much! I’ll try to use seneca more often as I haven’t used it in quite some time! I shall ask any more questions if anything does come across problematic
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the majority of people are able to balance triple science and their optional subjects, perhaps create a timetable?? there is a difference between triple and combined higher, but i don't think it's very much so you may feel the workload doesn't change that significantly for you if you do switch. definitely talk to a teacher about it.
TamChuu
Rep:
?
(Original post by absolutelysprout)
the majority of people are able to balance triple science and their optional subjects, perhaps create a timetable?? there is a difference between triple and combined higher, but i don't think it's very much so you may feel the workload doesn't change that significantly for you if you do switch. definitely talk to a teacher about it.
I am attempting to keep a steady timetable and do everything ahead of my time so that I could have the free areas to revise on.
I will keep in touch with a teacher, although I have been advised that if I continue to struggle, then they’ll just give me the combined science exam paper instead.
Otherwise, i’m pushing through atm, thank you for your reply!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TamChuu)
I am attempting to keep a steady timetable and do everything ahead of my time so that I could have the free areas to revise on.
I will keep in touch with a teacher, although I have been advised that if I continue to struggle, then they’ll just give me the combined science exam paper instead.
Otherwise, i’m pushing through atm, thank you for your reply!
no worries, good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.1%
I'm not sure (59)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (386)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.82%
I'm not a current university student (645)
49.16%

Watched Threads