Always left behind

Watch
AlwaysForgotten
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
TLDR: Friends never inviting me to places they go and always tell me everything they did while I sat at home bored, when they knew I wasn't doing anything.

So I've recently realised that 2 of my bestfriends have been leaving me out of everything they do. On our 2 weeks of school holidays just passed, one of them, I'll call her Sarah, invited the other, we'll call Racheal, to go on a week long vacation at a beach house they booked. They told me that the house had 5 rooms, and only 3 were being used, which would mean they had room for me to stay too, but never invited me (they knew i was at home bored too). They then proceeded to go to a different place more inland for the other week together, again with heaps of spare rooms which were available for someone to stay in. When I found out about those 2 things, I got upset (I still currently think that I had a right to be), but I was speaking to Racheal a couple days ago and turns out they had spent most of these holidays with each other at one anothers houses and hadn't thought to invite me. The thing that made me angry is that I asked Racheal if she wanted to watch this movie at the cinemas with me (we both had watched the first movie and loved it, the other girl had not seen it), so I didnt invite Sarah because it was a sequel to a movie she hadn't seen, but guess who got invited by the OTHER girl, yep that's right, Sarah did. Anyways, I asked Sarah if she wanted to come to the beach with me tomorrow, and guess who else got invited, Racheal did. What should I do in this situation? I have no idea if I'm being overdramatic or not, but I feel so left out and mad.

Another thing that irritates me is that when they're together, they always try to facetime me, and when I don't pick up, they text me something like "I know your at home, I saw on snapmaps" or "your active on insta so why don't you pick up", well maybe it's because I don't want to see you guys having fun somewhere I wasn't invited to?
They're basically kicking me in the guts over and over again, each time. At least Sarah has the decency to not tell me every little thing they did, and I missed out on like Racheal seems to do every single time I'm not there.
Last edited by AlwaysForgotten; 4 weeks ago
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AlwaysForgotten)
TLDR: Friends never inviting me to places they go and always tell me everything they did while I sat at home bored, when they knew I wasn't doing anything.

So I've recently realised that 2 of my bestfriends have been leaving me out of everything they do. On our 2 weeks of school holidays just passed, one of them, I'll call her Sarah, invited the other, we'll call Racheal, to go on a week long vacation at a beach house they booked. They told me that the house had 5 rooms, and only 3 were being used, which would mean they had room for me to stay too, but never invited me (they knew i was at home bored too). They then proceeded to go to a different place more inland for the other week together, again with heaps of spare rooms which were available for someone to stay in. When I found out about those 2 things, I got upset (I still currently think that I had a right to be), but I was speaking to Racheal a couple days ago and turns out they had spent most of these holidays with each other at one anothers houses and hadn't thought to invite me. The thing that made me angry is that I asked Racheal if she wanted to watch this movie at the cinemas with me (we both had watched the first movie and loved it, the other girl had not seen it), so I didnt invite Sarah because it was a sequel to a movie she hadn't seen, but guess who got invited by the OTHER girl, yep that's right, Sarah did. Anyways, I asked Sarah if she wanted to come to the beach with me tomorrow, and guess who else got invited, Racheal did. What should I do in this situation? I have no idea if I'm being overdramatic or not, but I feel so left out and mad.

Another thing that irritates me is that when they're together, they always try to facetime me, and when I don't pick up, they text me something like "I know your at home, I saw on snapmaps" or "your active on insta so why don't you pick up", well maybe it's because I don't want to see you guys having fun somewhere I wasn't invited to?
They're basically kicking me in the guts over and over again, each time. At least Sarah has the decency to not tell me every little thing they did, and I missed out on like Racheal seems to do every single time I'm not there.
They sound like not very nice people. You could try telling them "hey, it makes me feel like this when you do things together without inviting me and then tell me about it afterwards". Maybe they think you would be interested in what they're doing?

Also, how old are you all? Age can make a big difference. If you're 14/15 then it could be a maturity thing and they're just being dumb teenagers, but if you're closer to your 20s then it would sound a bit different.
AlwaysForgotten
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
All 3 of us are 16 nearly 17, so maturity could be one of the reasons. Although throughout my life I’ve had to grow up pretty fast due to issues at home and around me, but neither of my friends have had to face anything real in life as such, they depend on their parents for everything, they get whatever they want and they get confused when I say that not everything in my life is great as it may seem on the outside. I don’t see why they would come up to me and tell me about it when they clearly didn’t invite me? When me and other friends hang out, I don’t go and brag to them about it? I’ll talk to them when I see them next and confront them because it hurts me so much to see them hanging out without me. As I speak, both of them are at one of their houses hanging out and going to a yoga class in the morning (I wasn’t invited to join either). Thank you kind stranger for replying though❤️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads