The Student Room Group

Trailing and carrying credits

So due to a man eating a bat for dinner, I missed a chunk of university and had to put my parental responsibilities first, as my son couldn't attend school either. Consequently I failed two modules. I have been given options today and was hoping that someone can help with what they actually mean. I understand how trailing works, however I am unsure of which option is best and what difference the amounts make.

Proceed to next yr carrying 15 failed credits & trailing 30 credits reassessment (TR15)

Proceed to next year carrying 30 credits & trailing 15 credits reassessment (TR30)

Proceed to next year and trail 45 credits reassessment (TN45)

Thanks in advance.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by ashleigh2996
So due to a man eating a bat for dinner, I missed a chunk of university and had to put my parental responsibilities first, as my son couldn't attend school either. Consequently I failed two modules. I have been given options today and was hoping that someone can help with what they actually mean. I understand how trailing works, however I am unsure of which option is best and what difference the amounts make.

Proceed to next yr carrying 15 failed credits & trailing 30 credits reassessment (TR15)

Proceed to next year carrying 30 credits & trailing 15 credits reassessment (TR30)

Proceed to next year and trail 45 credits reassessment (TN45)

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
So ive not heard this specific terminology but I think I know what it means.
My best guess is: Carrying means, condoned fail.
trailing means, resit whilst completing the next years academic year.

In other words the uni is saying due to the exceptional circumstances of covid we will let you through to the next stage but we can as a minimum only condon 1 failed module and hence you would have to resit one or both modules.

Now you need to ask the uni what marks would be awarded if you did each route and how this would impact your final degree classification. Then choose the path you prefer. (the only other alternative they may allow is to resit the year, taking the failed credits only and then proceed next year, but you would have to ask).
Original post by mnot
Hi,
So ive not heard this specific terminology but I think I know what it means.
My best guess is: Carrying means, condoned fail.
trailing means, resit whilst completing the next years academic year.

In other words the uni is saying due to the exceptional circumstances of covid we will let you through to the next stage but we can as a minimum only condon 1 failed module and hence you would have to resit one or both modules.

Now you need to ask the uni what marks would be awarded if you did each route and how this would impact your final degree classification. Then choose the path you prefer. (the only other alternative they may allow is to resit the year, taking the failed credits only and then proceed next year, but you would have to ask).

That makes sense. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending