How to annotate perceptively in English Lit and Lang GCSE

Watch
vukaloid
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am in Year 11 however I have no idea on how to pick worthy quotes in texts and annotate them perceptively. Can someone please help me on what to think when looking at texts, how to practice annotating and how to annotate perceptively (In both English Literature and Language I have 3s and my expected is a 7).
Knowledge Master
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vukaloid)
I am in Year 11 however I have no idea on how to pick worthy quotes in texts and annotate them perceptively. Can someone please help me on what to think when looking at texts, how to practice annotating and how to annotate perceptively (In both English Literature and Language I have 3s and my expected is a 7).
Hi vukaloid. What I did is I picked quotes I understood. Because the chances are that if you understand the quote, you will find it easier to annotate and remember. If it is Shakespearean, I'd suggest searching for the translations, if it is more poetic, search for perceptions of the poem and annotate them having understood them
vukaloid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knowledge Master)
Hi vukaloid. What I did is I picked quotes I understood. Because the chances are that if you understand the quote, you will find it easier to annotate and remember. If it is Shakespearean, I'd suggest searching for the translations, if it is more poetic, search for perceptions of the poem and annotate them having understood them
What about for Language? If its the first time reading a text how do you annotate it perceptively?
Knowledge Master
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by vukaloid)
What about for Language? If its the first time reading a text how do you annotate it perceptively?
What texts are you doing for Lang? Also I’d just search up notes and pick like 4-5 key ones from each paragraph
vukaloid
Rep:
?
(Original post by Knowledge Master)
What texts are you doing for Lang? Also I’d just search up notes and pick like 4-5 key ones from each paragraph
There isn’t going to be a set text in the exam. It’s going to be a random text
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.16%
I'm not sure (59)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (376)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed