Want more information about this university?

Anyone study Chemical Engineering at Uni of Birmingham

Watch
CaptainBoy123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys, I just started my Chem Eng degree here at UoB and I'm already struggling on the first week of lectures, as we have previously recorded lectures on canvas it's difficult to get help. One of the lecturers has a PowerPoint which doesn't make sense to me at all and others are in the same boat. Do things start to clear up after a while?
sopxia
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by CaptainBoy123)
Hi guys, I just started my Chem Eng degree here at UoB and I'm already struggling on the first week of lectures, as we have previously recorded lectures on canvas it's difficult to get help. One of the lecturers has a PowerPoint which doesn't make sense to me at all and others are in the same boat. Do things start to clear up after a while?
sorry I can't answer your question but I'm applying for chem eng at UoB for 2021 entry, would you say you're enjoying the course so far? How is the teaching at UoB? Thank you
CaptainBoy123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 minutes ago
(Original post by sopxia)
sorry I can't answer your question but I'm applying for chem eng at UoB for 2021 entry, would you say you're enjoying the course so far? How is the teaching at UoB? Thank you
Nice, well we're only 4 weeks in and so far the course is very interesting and I'm enjoying it so far. If you really like maths mainly speaking mechanics at A level you'll love chem eng here. Even if you liked Physics, you'd really enjoy it. However, the work load on us is crazy already and some of the concepts are really hard to grasp, many people are struggling with the some modules. Lecturers are really good, however I will say some of them do act like we have PhDs and don't explain certain things we're doing and are reslly vague. But overall are really nice and are decent at teaching but I guess unis more independent.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (185)
29.04%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (105)
16.48%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.11%
I want to meet current students (53)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
8.01%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (127)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.97%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.14%

Watched Threads