expired 16+ oyster card

Watch
alinazubairx
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
so my oyster card is expiring tmrw, I ordered a new one last weekend but apparently it takes a week to come. so, would my card work after the expiry date? cos ik someone in there 30s who still uses their student oyster card even tho it expired years ago.... anyone know?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by alinazubairx)
so my oyster card is expiring tmrw, I ordered a new one last weekend but apparently it takes a week to come. so, would my card work after the expiry date? cos ik someone in there 30s who still uses their student oyster card even tho it expired years ago.... anyone know?
It doesnt say. The oyster card works, but no idea if the discount applies.
You should contact TFL.
You could carry around your application showing youve sent for a new one, but you still might not get the discount. Whatever you do dont take the chance of being caught for fare evasion as its not worth the hassle and you could lose your card completely. It says renewals should apply by the 13th and you applied on the 26/27th.
alinazubairx
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
It doesnt say. The oyster card works, but no idea if the discount applies.
You should contact TFL.
You could carry around your application showing youve sent for a new one, but you still might not get the discount. Whatever you do dont take the chance of being caught for fare evasion as its not worth the hassle and you could lose your card completely. It says renewals should apply by the 13th and you applied on the 26/27th.
ohhh i see. thank you!
Alessandro.C_27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got the 16+ one a couple of days ago and it arrived really fast, all funds from the old card got transferred to the new one. It might arrive earlier but you can always use your debit card on buses and other transport networks. It will charge you, but bus is like £1.50 so for the odd journey it isn't too bad
alinazubairx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Alessandro.C_27)
I got the 16+ one a couple of days ago and it arrived really fast, all funds from the old card got transferred to the new one. It might arrive earlier but you can always use your debit card on buses and other transport networks. It will charge you, but bus is like £1.50 so for the odd journey it isn't too bad
oh wow! when did u order it? also, i dont have a bank card so :/
going to have to hope for the best. hopefully it arrives soon! thank you
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
I would just emphasis dont fare dodge, the penalties are serious and too much hassle. Just last out.
Alessandro.C_27
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No problem, not 100% sure when I ordered it though
Skinnyfatty26
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Do you not drive?
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You can pay for travel using contactless or your phone.

Young people outside London do not have this free bus travel and I understand it is planned to be withdrawn soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
14.81%
I'm not sure (14)
3.64%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (131)
34.03%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (177)
45.97%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed