yibby03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello, I am a year 13 student and I'm feeling confused about my university applications as an EU citizen. I have German citizenship and have permanent UK residency. How does this affect my uni application? And how does Brexit affect my student finance? I don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment, but I am looking into getting a dual citizenship currently, although I don't have a clue whether that will be of help either (asking the embassy soon!)

Anyway I greatly appreciate all and any help as none of my family have completed uni and my school is not being helpful! Thank you.

PS. If this has any value, I've been in the UK for 9 years now
Last edited by yibby03; 4 weeks ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by yibby03)
Hello, I am a year 13 student and I'm feeling confused about my university applications as an EU citizen. I have German citizenship and have permanent UK residency. How does this affect my uni application? And how does Brexit affect my student finance? I don't have a clue about what I'm supposed to be doing at the moment, but I am looking into getting a dual citizenship currently, although I don't have a clue whether that will be of help either (asking the embassy soon!)

Anyway I greatly appreciate all and any help as none of my family have completed uni and my school is not being helpful! Thank you.

PS. If this has any value, I've been in the UK for 9 years now
Hi, when does your course start?

If you have had no previous higher education study then you will be eligible to apply as a home student, you won't be classed as an EU student.
Thanks, Isaac
yibby03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, when does your course start?

If you have had no previous higher education study then you will be eligible to apply as a home student, you won't be classed as an EU student.
Thanks, Isaac
my course starts in 2021! and i've studied at gcse and alevel level only
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by yibby03)
my course starts in 2021! and i've studied at gcse and alevel level only
You will need EU pre settled or settled status to apply.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (181)
14.18%
I'm not sure (59)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (375)
29.39%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (624)
48.9%

Watched Threads