?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Last edited by Sara_002; 4 weeks ago
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
It's not the case (I expect) that you need to argue the "correct" side, rather that you need to present a compelling case for the side you are arguing for - which may not even be what you personally agree with. You can support whichever side of the argument you wish to; you could even start writing an argument for one side and then poke holes in that argument to demonstrate that it doesn't work and hence the other "side" is the better explanation.

You will probably be expected to principally draw from your lecture notes and any assigned reading on your uni course, rather than A-level knowledge, so a good starting point would be to go through the question and try and define the key terms to begin with from those sources, and familiarise yourself with the current (and if relevant historical) debates on the matter. You can then start to consider whether either does in fact explain the latter thing, and to what extent each does, etc, and hence begin to construct your essay.

I know nothing of the topic in question though, Noodlzzz might be able to give some advice on where to start with the subject matter as this is her field
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nothing to see on this thread, I'll assume you've got it sorted, if not let me know if I can help

artful_lounger for reference
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Noodlzzz)
Nothing to see on this thread, I'll assume you've got it sorted, if not let me know if I can help

artful_lounger for reference
Oh I see they edited out the contents of their post...it had the essay question under consideration in it before! Thanks for checking though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (190)
14.22%
I'm not sure (59)
4.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (393)
29.42%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.77%
I'm not a current university student (657)
49.18%

Watched Threads