L.YH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hii - Just wanted to ask whether I should apply to LSE Economics when I don't have further maths. It didn't explicitly say so in their website but I've been hearing that they reject you instantly if you don't take it. Also, how about UCL, Warwick and Bristol?

Thanks in advance!
AksSin
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would advise you not to apply for Econ at LSE because only 5-10% of applicants who receive offers do not take FM. However, this is dependent on whether you had the option to take FM at school. If you did, then you would be disadvantaged otherwise it may be ok to apply. I know for Warwick around 50% of people get in without taking FM.
Alternatively, you could apply for a joint course like Econ and Econ history but I'm pretty sure they don't really require FM but make sure to check the website to confirm this.
confuzzledteen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Think you'd be fine for Warwick & Bristol, but you'd probably be at an disadvantage applying to LSE & UCL w/o FM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (628)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (786)
42.08%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (370)
19.81%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (84)
4.5%

Watched Threads