RDCL2020
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi,

I had an unconditional offer through today for Bolton uni. I am 2 weeks late into to course but I’m confident I’ll catch up.
I was wandering if anyone has any tips or information of must have’s or things I need to know in preparation to starting.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thank you
Emily_B
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
- Don't worry about buying loads of textbooks. Not only are they expensive, but everything you need will either be given to you by the department or be available through the university library in hard copy or ebook form. Librarians are really useful people for finding the things you're after, and for tips on referencing
- You don't have to read every word of every chapter in every book/journal on the reading list. Be clever and find 1) the bits you really need 2) the interesting sections for when you've got time
- Make use of any study skills sessions
- Make sure to have pens. Lots and lots and lots of pens. Especially cheap black biros - they'll come in very handy for placement as well as theory stints.
- smart, comfy, sturdy black shoes are a must for placement. (just for context, I've been qualified 12 months and am on my 3rd pair of Clarks shoes shoes since I started my nurse training 4 years ago)
- keeping an eye on info from the NMC can be really useful - https://www.nmc.org.uk/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (192)
29.58%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (107)
16.49%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.94%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.86%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.72%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.86%
Other things โ€“ I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.24%

Watched Threads