Accepted onto nursing 2020 tips/adviceWatch
I had an unconditional offer through today for Bolton uni. I am 2 weeks late into to course but I’m confident I’ll catch up.
I was wandering if anyone has any tips or information of must have’s or things I need to know in preparation to starting.
Any advice will be appreciated.
- You don't have to read every word of every chapter in every book/journal on the reading list. Be clever and find 1) the bits you really need 2) the interesting sections for when you've got time
- Make use of any study skills sessions
- Make sure to have pens. Lots and lots and lots of pens. Especially cheap black biros - they'll come in very handy for placement as well as theory stints.
- smart, comfy, sturdy black shoes are a must for placement. (just for context, I've been qualified 12 months and am on my 3rd pair of Clarks shoes shoes since I started my nurse training 4 years ago)
- keeping an eye on info from the NMC can be really useful - https://www.nmc.org.uk/