raffi111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Good Day

I'd like to know if Sociology and Business Studies are at the same level in terms of respected/hard soft subjects

my goal is to have the equivalent to a high school degree and then find any office job, by having 3 A levels which now are:
* Psychology A level
* English as a second Language A level
* Business Studies A level
and i'v done IGCSE Business Studies

obviously when it comes to office employment Business Studies A level is favorable, however i'd like to know if Sociology rather then Business Studies is a better choice in terms of (triple A level for high school completion) because i need to apply my 3 A levels to a world education services, to assess them if its equivalent to a high school degree
\^_^/
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
well i do sociology a-level rn but i havent done businees at all so i can't tell u which is the better one but i can say sociology is quite intersting even tho i have been doing it for like 4 weeks
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did sociology A level and a psychology degree with sociology minor, I love them both. I'd choose sociology over business studies and think it complements psychology well.
I think the perspectives from both are useful in employment and personal life.
Being knowledgeable in sociology has helped me gain internships, so I think it'll be useful when finding full time employment.
raffi111
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by Plain1)
I did sociology A level and a psychology degree with sociology minor, I love them both. I'd choose sociology over business studies and think it complements psychology well.
I think the perspectives from both are useful in employment and personal life.
Being knowledgeable in sociology has helped me gain internships, so I think it'll be useful when finding full time employment.
well i also have that in common im somehow finding sociology to be an interesting subject, and on the other hand theres business studies where it would provide me with a better chance of employment in the field of office sort of job.i dono what to do, well are they at the same level ? equal to one another sociology and business studies? like is one more important then the other u think ? like which one is considered more academic and core and hard subject and not soft
Last edited by raffi111; 9 months ago
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by raffi111)
well i also have that in common im somehow finding sociology to be an interesting subject, and on the other hand theres business studies where it would provide me with a better chance of employment in the field of office sort of job.i dono what to do, well are they at the same level ? equal to one another sociology and business studies? like is one more important then the other u think ? like which one is considered more academic and core and hard subject and not soft
Imo, sociology is more of a hard subject, but I think there'll be people who think the other way.
I did business studies at school, it was interesting but I've never used any of my knowledge of it since.
chloeloleitax
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Sociology is listed as a 'preferred subject' on all top russel group unis websites and business is not
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.16%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
9.88%
No I am happy with my choice (46)
56.79%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (5)
6.17%

Watched Threads