Valid reasons to switch Uni rooms?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I want to switch my uni room because I got put into the international block because of a glitch saying I'm an international student on the accommodation website. Is this a valid reason? Main reason is that all my flat mates are always quiet and keeping to themselves (I've tried asking them to do stuff but they decline or get out of it all the time, and that's if I even do see them) so I feel like a couple more weeks of this will make me want to bash my head against the wall
HPAG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to switch my uni room because I got put into the international block because of a glitch saying I'm an international student on the accommodation website. Is this a valid reason? Main reason is that all my flat mates are always quiet and keeping to themselves (I've tried asking them to do stuff but they decline or get out of it all the time, and that's if I even do see them) so I feel like a couple more weeks of this will make me want to bash my head against the wall
Sorry do not know the answer to your question per se but if rooms are available I would imagine saying you do not get on with the others in your flat is good enough reason. Did not know there was such a thing as an international block. Would you mind telling me which university this is ?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A lot of my friends moved flats in first year because they were uncomfortable or didn't get on with their flat - if they have room (which they should as less freshers due to covid) they should be able to transfer you depending on their restrictions

Sophie - Official Student Rep
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HPAG)
Sorry do not know the answer to your question per se but if rooms are available I would imagine saying you do not get on with the others in your flat is good enough reason. Did not know there was such a thing as an international block. Would you mind telling me which university this is ?
Uni of leeds, IQ leeds. From what I've heard the block I'm in is international and it seems to be correct from what I've seen
HPAG
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Uni of leeds, IQ leeds. From what I've heard the block I'm in is international and it seems to be correct from what I've seen
IQ Leeds is a private student housing. They do not worry about trying to mix internationals with locals. Internationals tend to prefer certain types / locations of residences. Internationals will mostly go for ensuite at least in first year. So if there has been mainly internationals applying for accommodation in that complex all flats are likely to have mainly internationals. In Uni of Manchester for example internationals tend to apply to Uni residences closer to city and Uni. Locals prefer Fallowfield which is 15 min by bus.

Anyway now you are there just ask. If you could find a location where there are more locals ask specifically for that. Saying specifically that you wish to be in a residence that has more action is fine. Google reviews may help. If they have a room vacant somewhere else they should accommodate your request.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads