I paid £2000 TO RESIT MY A LEVELS AND HAVE NOT BEEN ENTERED

Watch
Sana_1
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I am in a bit of predicament and need solid advice.

I suffered a lot at home (physical and emotional abuse) during my A level years so I ended up getting EEE in Chemistry, Biology and Physics. My GCSEs are:
A* English Language
A - Chemistry, Physics, English Literature
B - Maths, Sociology, Biology
C - Computing and Dance

Futhermore, I was planning to take a year out and resit the exams now, I was due to sit them in summer of 2020 then COVID happened. So then I thought well I will register for Autumn exams. NOW here's the great part of my situation.

I had been in frequent contact with exam adminstrator and he promised me 'Yes we will enter for the Autumn exams...OF COURSE!!! Just pay us £2k'.Which I have!
THEN HE HAS THE DECENCY TO NOT PUT MY PAPERWORK THROUGH SO after telling me that I am entered, he emails me two weeks before the October exams to say that I am not entered.

I don't know what the **** to do because I paid £2000 to resit my exams only to be studying like crazy and be told that the exam board has record me being entered previously. I send receipts back showing them that I have and oh boy. THEY ****ED UP.

Now I will have to wait for Summer of 2021. I am taking the American SAT to help strengthen my application. But because I achieved low A levels the first time round and nowwwww am taking 2 years to resit them I don't know if higher universities would accept me.

What do I do? I have statements of proof that I was entered for the Summer exams of 2020, should I ask the exam administrator to write a statement of proof that they didn't enter me.

BTW I am looking to apply for Architecture, have left home since Oct 2019 (went from sleeping on my friend's couch to now living with boyfriend). I come from a low economic background, live on Universal credit and have no father present in my life. I worked my ****ing ass off to pay for my resits through two jobs!! I don't have any savings or anything to inherit. I am extremely lucky that I accidentally met a psychologist last Xmas and she has helped me recover from the abuse and move on with my life.
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
get everything in writing then get a refund
a0mp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you were registered to take an exam in May this year then the school/college should've paid for the exam to take place for you... I recommend informing the school/college and demanding a refund because they should've been the ones to pay for your exam.

This was stated by the Education Secretary:

"Schools and colleges will also be able to claim funding through the service if their autumn fees exceed any fee savings that awarding organisations are returning to them, following cancellation of summer exams.

"We expect schools and colleges to pay fees for all students who were due to sit exams in the summer, rather than passing the cost on to students or their families."

https://www.tes.com/news/level-2020-...exam-timetable
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...eries-guidance (Read section 6 and present it to the exam administrator as the information is also present on the governments main website)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads