?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well done for not giving in!
V℮rsions
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
More self discipline than me, I had one a few days ago because of UCAS (I blame them to be honest, broken website).
How long are you off the ****?
Vardhan95
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
More self discipline than me, I had one a few days ago because of UCAS (I blame them to be honest, broken website).
2 months and some days...man, you should quit
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vardhan95)
2 months and some days...man, you should quit
I mean technically I don't smoke anymore, I gave up at the start of Feb, but I have the occasional cig, perhaps 2~ish a month. :lol: much cheaper!
Vardhan95
Rep:
?
I mean technically I don't smoke anymore, I gave up at the start of Feb, but I have the occasional cig, perhaps 2~ish a month. :lol: much cheaper!
just quit altogether, better
Last edited by Vardhan95; 4 weeks ago
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
just quit altogether
I'm trying to ween off and do that yeah, but with college and uni and all that it's a bit too stressful - by this time next year though I should be off
tfpm80
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it wouldn't be because of UCAS. It would be because of your response to UCAS. I mention this as not to be provocative. But as to state that it's an effective and integral way to look at it, for if you are wanting to continue with quitting.
Last edited by tfpm80; 4 weeks ago
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by tfpm80)
it wouldn't be because of UCAS. It would be because of your response to UCAS. I mention this as not to be provocative. But as to state that it's an effective and integral way to look at it, for if you are wanting to continue with quitting.
Yeah very good point. I mean I'm pretty sure it's been proven (don't quote me on this though, I haven't looked into it) that nicotine doesn't even relax you- it's just the brain tricking itself... so I suppose at the end of the day there's no real reason to keep smoking, but for the sake of not being brave enough to quit
Rufus the red
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I got told off for smoking in class today.
Spoiler:
Show
I would've preferred it if the teacher had doused my flaming scalp in water rather than giving me a detention though.
tfpm80
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah very good point. I mean I'm pretty sure it's been proven (don't quote me on this though, I haven't looked into it) that nicotine doesn't even relax you- it's just the brain tricking itself... so I suppose at the end of the day there's no real reason to keep smoking, but for the sake of not being brave enough to quit
Research into smoking and stress has shown that instead of helping people to relax, smoking actually increases anxiety and tension. Nicotine creates an immediate sense of relaxation so people smoke in the belief that it reduces stress and anxiety. This feeling of relaxation is temporary and soon gives way to withdrawal symptoms and increased cravings.

Smoking reduces nicotine withdrawal symptoms, which are similar to the symptoms of anxiety, but it does not reduce anxiety or deal with the underlying causes.

So therefore, people who smoke cigarettes have double stress and anxiety and are extremely unlikely to tackle the root.

It's a horrible game and a complete weakness on the part of the smoker. They have fallen for the second biggest trick in the book. And if you are religious AND a smoker, then you've fallen for the two biggest tricks :P

N.B I smoked for ten years and two years free from the shackles from which I placed myself.
Last edited by tfpm80; 4 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Give in to the dark side and light up a tasty refreshing cancer stick
Vardhan95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Give in to the dark side and light up a tasty refreshing cancer stick
LOL!

No way man...no way...:fight:
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
LOL!

No way man...no way...:fight:
Feel the Dunhill's calling to you though, the precious
Vardhan95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Napp)
Feel the Dunhill's calling to you though, the precious
:naughty:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.27%
I'm not sure (59)
4.6%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (626)
48.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed