The Student Room Group

only fill in one application form to apply for all jobs!

we've all been in that position where we're having to fill in form after form with the same information for different job applications. Wouldn't it be great if you only had to fill in one form and you could use it for every job you apply for. We'll I'm currently in discussions with employers about developing this exact thing!

if this is something that you think would be a good idea, please leave a comment on here. also if there is any features you would like to see, let me know.

Thanks
Original post by Aylula
we've all been in that position where we're having to fill in form after form with the same information for different job applications. Wouldn't it be great if you only had to fill in one form and you could use it for every job you apply for. We'll I'm currently in discussions with employers about developing this exact thing!

if this is something that you think would be a good idea, please leave a comment on here. also if there is any features you would like to see, let me know.

Thanks

Each job is different and requires different information so as much as this would be great, I doubt it would be practical.
Reply 2
Original post by Aylula

Thanks

Surely employers who would be ok with this would just ask for a CV?
Employers purposefully have their own application form style and questions so that you have to put effort into applying and have to show you really want to work there, rather than just sending your CV on a whim.
As others have said really when it comes to applications and cover letters that supplement your CV really you should be tailoring it to the individual job - look at the role requirements and use that as a framework. It takes more effort but you are more likely to be successful, employers can tell when you are just using the same formulaic letter :smile:
Reply 4
Thanks for your feedback. Any chance you could give me an example
Reply 5
Original post by CoolCavy
As others have said really when it comes to applications and cover letters that supplement your CV really you should be tailoring it to the individual job - look at the role requirements and use that as a framework. It takes more effort but you are more likely to be successful, employers can tell when you are just using the same formulaic letter :smile:

You’re absolutely spot on, and your personal statement should be tailored to the job, but the rest of the initial application form is the same info so why replicate it again and again. If you could just complete your personal statement and know the rest of your info was already there for you wouldn’t that be easier or do you not see this as a problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending