The Student Room Group

biology teacher making test with different exam boards

i'm about to have my first AS bio test in a couple of days and my teacher said that they are making the test not with aqa questions but other exam boards to prevent ppl learning mark schemes. i understand some ppl learn mark schemes but teachers have access to exampro where there are like thousands of q so idk why hes doing this. like cuz the wording w/other exam baords is different like im just so annoyed. like how do i even do exam practice for the test. when we doing aqa just give a test w aqa questions!!!!!!!!!!!!
what the hell! u should definitely complain to someone higher up
@Muttley79 is there an issue with teachers doing this?
Original post by 5hyl33n
@Muttley79 is there an issue with teachers doing this?

It can cause huge problems when they get to the real exam - mark schemes and specifications differ by exam board greatly
Original post by moonanisar17
It can cause huge problems when they get to the real exam - mark schemes and specifications differ by exam board greatly

this is my exact issue
Reply 5
Specifications don't differ that much so the knowledge to be tested will generally be the same. Give the teacher some credit for knowing which questions are appropriate to use and which aren't.
you shouldnt really complain. If you complain, its like you are complaining about gaining actual knowledge. Your teacher is just making sure you studyfor your test, different exma boards dont differ that much.

Quick Reply

Latest