Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I literally want people’s honest opinion.. I want to change my subject to spanish, I got an 8 in gcse I’m just so so scared of failure
andrei00
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lots of vocabulary to learn but there’s a lot of literature, film and culture. I personally love it.

Also, modern foreign languages are one of the hardest A-levels.
studioso
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Out of the three modern languages I did for A-level Spanish was definitely the easiest and didn’t have a very big gap from gcse to A-level in my opinion. Most people in my class also agreed that for them Spanish was the easiest one. However you do have a lot of content to cover
Something Peach
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I literally want people’s honest opinion.. I want to change my subject to spanish, I got an 8 in gcse I’m just so so scared of failure
I loved it! It definitely is hard work but if you put the effort in then you'll be fine.

Just be aware though that languages aren't subjects that you can cram at the last minute. You really do have to be studying a bit each day to build your skills. Some people hate this but I found it made exam season a lot easier as I didn't have as much work to do as I had already been revising consistently throughout the 2 years.

Good luck with your decisions
DeliaMoreno
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by andrei00)
Lots of vocabulary to learn but there’s a lot of literature, film and culture. I personally love it.

Also, modern foreign languages are one of the hardest A-levels.
So great to hear that people like Spanish. I love it too!!!!!! (and teaching it) ;D ;D
DeliaMoreno
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Something Peach)
I loved it! It definitely is hard work but if you put the effort in then you'll be fine.

Just be aware though that languages aren't subjects that you can cram at the last minute. You really do have to be studying a bit each day to build your skills. Some people hate this but I found it made exam season a lot easier as I didn't have as much work to do as I had already been revising consistently throughout the 2 years.

Good luck with your decisions
So great to hear that people like Spanish. I love it too!!!!!! (and teaching it) ;D ;D

(Original post by studioso)
Out of the three modern languages I did for A-level Spanish was definitely the easiest and didn’t have a very big gap from gcse to A-level in my opinion. Most people in my class also agreed that for them Spanish was the easiest one. However you do have a lot of content to cover
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.63%
I'm not sure (54)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (345)
29.34%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.98%
I'm not a current university student (570)
48.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed