Banechann
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have AAB for my Ucas predicted grades. I study maths, physics and chemistry. Do you think ill be able to apply for a computer science degree at Imperial, UCL, Kings, Exeter, Royal Holloway and East Anglia. I know I only have 5 choices but these unis are what im thinking of applying to.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Banechann)
I have AAB for my Ucas predicted grades. I study maths, physics and chemistry. Do you think ill be able to apply for a computer science degree at Imperial, UCL, Kings, Exeter, Royal Holloway and East Anglia. I know I only have 5 choices but these unis are what im thinking of applying to.
You need to check the entry requirements for each or use the offer rate calculator. At a guess I would say no for Imperial and UCL. Unlikely for Exeter unless you meet their contextual conditions and quite likely for Royal Holloway and East Anglia. You might end up looking at other universities.
lilo16
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If the A is in maths, then it's good. I know a lot of unis require that but unis like King's want all As but Royal Holloway is AAB-ABB
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Banechann, we're pleased you're interested in studying with us. Our current entry requirements for BSc Computing Science at UEA = BBB or ABC. We're not able to hold large scale events during the current situation, but offer campus tours if you want to look around. Have you visited our Virtual Open Day yet? It's a great way to discover more about life at UEA and what Computing Science is like to study from the comfort of your home. https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/visit-us Good luck with your applications.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Computer Science in Imperial was one of the most competitive courses and only 1 in 18 got an offer and most of them would have A*A*A* so you dont have a realistic chance of getting in and would be a waste of a choice. Similarly with UCL but to a lesser degree. Have a look at Bristol or Cardiff instead. Both Bristol and Exeter make lower contextual offers if you live in an area with low progression to university or are in poorly performing schools. You grades will probably get you into Cardiff with your grades.
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of East Anglia)
Hi Banechann, we're pleased you're interested in studying with us. Our current entry requirements for BSc Computing Science at UEA = BBB or ABC. We're not able to hold large scale events during the current situation, but offer campus tours if you want to look around. Have you visited our Virtual Open Day yet? It's a great way to discover more about life at UEA and what Computing Science is like to study from the comfort of your home. https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/visit-us Good luck with your applications.
Hi, Thank you so much for your reply! I will have a look at the virtual open day
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Computer Science in Imperial was one of the most competitive courses and only 1 in 18 got an offer and most of them would have A*A*A* so you dont have a realistic chance of getting in and would be a waste of a choice. Similarly with UCL but to a lesser degree. Have a look at Bristol or Cardiff instead. Both Bristol and Exeter make lower contextual offers if you live in an area with low progression to university or are in poorly performing schools. You grades will probably get you into Cardiff with your grades.
Hey, thanks for your reply I see, I was kind of thinking of that too but just wanted to shoot my shot. But, ill look at Bristol and Cardiff as well. The only reason I don't want to apply to them is due to how far they are but ill still consider. Thank you though
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilo16)
If the A is in maths, then it's good. I know a lot of unis require that but unis like King's want all As but Royal Holloway is AAB-ABB
Yeah the A is thankfully in Maths. I checked the offer rate and it was like 70% for kings so I don't know.
Banechann
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
You need to check the entry requirements for each or use the offer rate calculator. At a guess I would say no for Imperial and UCL. Unlikely for Exeter unless you meet their contextual conditions and quite likely for Royal Holloway and East Anglia. You might end up looking at other universities.
I checked the offer rate for Exeter and it was about 70-80% if I remember correctly. Thing is I go to a very academic college, one of the best in London. Would they consider that when looking at the application or would they not be aware.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I checked the offer rate for Exeter and it was about 70-80% if I remember correctly. Thing is I go to a very academic college, one of the best in London. Would they consider that when looking at the application or would they not be aware.
If you look on the Bristol site for say Maths it shows the schools they make lower offers for and also the post code. They dont consider what college you attend other than that. Given the offer rate for Kings and Exeter they will be worth trying for and you would have a good chance of getting in. You would also have good chances for East Anglia and Royal Holloway. There is a good chance for Cardiff as well. As far as being far from London there really isnt much difference. Exeter, Bristol and Cardiff are approx 2 hours by train or slightly less, Cardiff is a 10 minute walk from the station. Exeter 20 minutes East Anglia apparently a short bus ride
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, thanks for your reply I see, I was kind of thinking of that too but just wanted to shoot my shot. But, ill look at Bristol and Cardiff as well. The only reason I don't want to apply to them is due to how far they are but ill still consider. Thank you though
I would only apply to one uni where you know realistically that you will most likely to be rejected like UCL.

Have four other choices that you have a decent chance of getting an offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (21)
30%
No - I have already returned home (8)
11.43%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (15)
21.43%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (5)
7.14%
No - I live at home during term anyway (21)
30%

Watched Threads