The Student Room Group

homesick person moving out for uni

hi, im an 18 y/o girl and im hoping to go to uni in sep 2021
i live in london and i want to stay here for uni
i feel like i need to move into halls for at least the first year to experience uni life to the fullest (even though i don't drink or do drugs) and meet new people and properly mingle, the problem is:
im extremely homesick!!!!!!!! im extremely close with my parents and brother, and we're a small family and i feel sad just at the thought of leaving them when its not necessary if im staying in london. like i literally cry at the thought of it lol
im so conflicted, i feel so jealous seeing everyone i know making tons of friends just one week into uni and i think i struggle to initiate friendships so im not sure what to do next year :frown: any advice from someone else who is also very sentimental and gets homesick v easily? cause none of my friends can relate on this level which is why i think theyve enjoyed moving out so much
If you're in London then you'll be able to go home to see the family as often as you wish anyway 😀
I got home sick every semester even the final one. It gets better with time once you settle in especially when got stuff to be getting on with

Quick Reply

Latest