How to choose the best uni in UK for online MSc degree in Artificial Intelligence

Watch
sghosh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello fellow TSRians,

I am trying to apply for an online postgraduation (MSc) degree in Artificial Intelligence in a UK based university. The only uni's that I found to offer this online degree are University of Hertfordshire, York and Bath. I am trying to understand which university should be a better option in terms of ranking, value and prospect.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
SG
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
...both Bath & York immediately impress, whilst I have had to look up the University of Hertfordshire(1) in Wikipedia!

(1)it seems to be a very decent former Hatfield technical college, aerospace, when UK did that sort of thing, who bought their first computer in 1962
sghosh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by LuigiMario)
...both Bath & York immediately impress, whilst I have had to look up the University of Hertfordshire(1) in Wikipedia!

(1)it seems to be a very decent former Hatfield technical college, aerospace, when UK did that sort of thing, who bought their first computer in 1962
Thanks LuigiMario, that was helpful.
The universities of Bath & York are well reputed no doubt, but the only thing that I am concerned about is how acceptable this online MSc degree from these uni's is going to be like.
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sadly, many undergrad degrees are going to be mostly online this covid year, so perhaps look at how long these universities have been running this MSc course online.

For example, if one started last Tuesday, and another started in 1989, then that might be a big hint! A properly run course, where the academia know how & when to do things, is worth paying for.

You could even consider using resources like the internet archive to see the history of their websites, if you have enough time to research.

https://web.archive.org/web/20201001...igence-online/

(oops, WayBackMachine hadn’t any content for that york URL , so I had to add it)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.43%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (85)
27.96%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (116)
38.16%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.16%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.29%

Watched Threads