spyhke
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Im about to apply to Study Pure Economics at Warwick however am nervous that I do not stand a chance. My Predictions do meet the entry requirements to A*AA in Maths Chem and Econ as well as an A in EPQ however I see a lot of people with 4A*s applying and do not think I may get an offer. What are my chances. Other than this I do fit a lot of other criteria such as being from a minority and living in an area of low progression as well as having parents earning under a certain income level.
Darth Caedus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by spyhke)
Im about to apply to Study Pure Economics at Warwick however am nervous that I do not stand a chance. My Predictions do meet the entry requirements to A*AA in Maths Chem and Econ as well as an A in EPQ however I see a lot of people with 4A*s applying and do not think I may get an offer. What are my chances. Other than this I do fit a lot of other criteria such as being from a minority and living in an area of low progression as well as having parents earning under a certain income level.
This all sounds fine to me. Warwick’s website very clearly states that their entry requirements are A*AA, with an A in mathematics, and their website indicates that people qualifying for a contextual offer would likely only require AAB, which you might well based on what you’ve said! The uni says that they make their offers based on predicted and achieved grades, personal statement, and UCAS form, so as long as your last two, and GCSEs, are good, I doubt you’ll have too many issues.

Furthermore, around half of all who apply get an offer (I’d assume the majority of those who have the right predicted grades get an offer). Warwick is seen as prestigious for economics, but I think, similarly to maths, the hard part for most applicants is getting the right grades for the offer in their exams, rather than getting an offer initially.

Finally, there are other universities! Warwick is an excellent university - I applied there, although for maths - but you still have four more slots on your UCAS form, and there are plenty of other good options too. Good luck!
spyhke
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Darth Caedus)
This all sounds fine to me. Warwick’s website very clearly states that their entry requirements are A*AA, with an A in mathematics, and their website indicates that people qualifying for a contextual offer would likely only require AAB, which you might well based on what you’ve said! The uni says that they make their offers based on predicted and achieved grades, personal statement, and UCAS form, so as long as your last two, and GCSEs, are good, I doubt you’ll have too many issues.

Furthermore, around half of all who apply get an offer (I’d assume the majority of those who have the right predicted grades get an offer). Warwick is seen as prestigious for economics, but I think, similarly to maths, the hard part for most applicants is getting the right grades for the offer in their exams, rather than getting an offer initially.

Finally, there are other universities! Warwick is an excellent university - I applied there, although for maths - but you still have four more slots on your UCAS form, and there are plenty of other good options too. Good luck!
thank you for the info, and yes my GCSEs are relatively alright as well. i achieved 7 A*s and my PS seems very good. I was also thinking of applying to LSE Economics and Economic History, UCL Economics, and Warwick Accounting and Finance just in case
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
15.1%
I'm not sure (16)
3.66%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (147)
33.64%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.6%
I'm not a current university student (201)
46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed