The Student Room Group

Would we be fined? (lockdown)

I'm a first year who is looking to move back home to do remote learning for university for the first year. My university area is currently on local lockdown.If I get the all clear from my university to leave my accommodation contract and move back home, would me or my parents be fined for breaching lockdown and taking me out of the area on lockdown?
No.
As long as you are healthy, have no symptoms, the uni is allowing students to leave and you intend to go straight to your parent's home & remain living there for the foreseeable future- it's fine.
Reply 2
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/local-restrictions-areas-with-an-outbreak-of-coronavirus-covid-19#areas-with-local-restrictions

use the above link to find your local area restrictions; it will tell you about moving rules. for instance i just looked at Manchester and it says moving is allowed.
Don't tell them.
Reply 4
My university area is Wales, would this have an impact?
Well it all depends where you stay where l stay in Scotland lots of students have run away and there parents have come and picked them up and took them back home as they were in lockdown over 500 students are in lockdown in halls and other students have went back home by bus or train the police in scotland wont go after no one as the police are very relaxed and there is not enough police to deal with Covid-19 the only thing is that you would not be able to come back to the same University and who wants to be in lockdown over Christmas time and your parents wont get find nor would you as long as you all stay at home for 14 days

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending