How can I get reduced entry grades from Universities

Watch
jacob1140
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Do many universities offer anything, such as the A2B scheme UoB offers, which would reduce entry requirements from AAB to BBB for example
I'm a year 13 if that helps.
thanks

FYI i've already applied to the A2B scheme and I'm pretty sure i'll get a placememnt there
Paralove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Tbh you need to look at each uni and course individually. A few offer lower grades if you get an A in EPQ. Others if you're taking relevant subjects (where they're not required for the course though). Others again where it's only if you've taken part in particular schemes such as the ones you've mentioned.

You won't find a definitive answer here for exact examples though - you'll have to do the research yourself.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just work hard and try and score as well as possible. TBH id imagine they use these schemes in courses where they are more lenient on results day anyway.
jacob1140
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
thanks
(Original post by Paralove)
Tbh you need to look at each uni and course individually. A few offer lower grades if you get an A in EPQ. Others if you're taking relevant subjects (where they're not required for the course though). Others again where it's only if you've taken part in particular schemes such as the ones you've mentioned.

You won't find a definitive answer here for exact examples though - you'll have to do the research yourselfth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (131)
14.74%
I'm not sure (40)
4.5%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (267)
30.03%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.47%
I'm not a current university student (429)
48.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed