sarz89
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction of the bottom please as they are 2 parts to my question, I have to do?
PART 1
Evaluate how Osmosis and simple diffusion work by comparing their similarities and differences, looking at how the processes work and how molecules are transported?
( i help to find the differences and similarities between the two)

PART 2
evaluate the importance of facilitated diffusion and active transport in cells, including any similarities and differences. To do this, I need to use examples of when these types of transport are used by cells. Why is it essential to have two systems of transport, active and passive to allow substances to enter and leave cells and why molecules would be transported by one rather than the other?
( need to find out the differences and similarities of the two, why it is important to have two systems for transport)

Thank you for any help that can be provided
QuentinM
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For part 1, talk about what is transported by these processes generally, what governs th rate of transport by these mechanisms, any requirements for these processes, things like that.

Part 2: probably the same as above
Kenn Scott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sarz89)
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction of the bottom please as they are 2 parts to my question, I have to do?
PART 1
Evaluate how Osmosis and simple diffusion work by comparing their similarities and differences, looking at how the processes work and how molecules are transported?

PART 2
evaluate the importance of facilitated diffusion and active transport in cells, including any similarities and differences. To do this, I need to use examples of when these types of transport are used by cells. Why is it essential to have two systems of transport, active and passive to allow substances to enter and leave cells and why molecules would be transported by one rather than the other?
( need to find out the differences and similarities of the two, why it is important to have two systems for transport)

I think maybe you got help with part 1 so for part 2
Both systems help transport molecules in and out of the cells. The main difference between Facilitated Diffusion and Active Transport is that FD does not use energy (so its passive) but AT expend energy. On the similarity side of it; both are specific, use carrier proteins, and they saturate at high concentrations i.e. when all carrier proteins are occupied. If you need more or a hand with any assignment, feel free to DM me. I hope that helps x.
Hridika-Sherpa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
PART 1

PART 2

Check out Sherpa Online an online tutoring site with prices as low as £15PH, really helped me with science
sarz89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Kenn Scott)
Both systems help transport molecules in and out of the cells. The main difference between Facilitated Diffusion and Active Transport is that FD does not use energy (so its passive) but AT expend energy. On the similarity side of it; both are specific, use carrier proteins, and they saturate at high concentrations i.e. when all carrier proteins are occupied. If you need more or a hand with any assignment, feel free to DM me. I hope that helps x.
Thank you so much for you help. x
sarz89
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kenn Scott)
would you say it is important to have two systems of transport cause one transports large molecules and the other transports small molecules or something along that line?
Kenn Scott
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
would you say it is important to have two systems of transport cause one transports large molecules and the other transports small molecules or something along that line?
Yeah, sure. As long as you support the point well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (606)
33.82%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (750)
41.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (356)
19.87%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.46%

Watched Threads