Gagann
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I’m in year 10 and need to start applying for sixth form or apprenticeship but i heard that i can do an internship aswell. Not really sure what it means but can someone help me on what the difference is. I’m wanting to do my sixth form rather than Apprenticeship but can i do an internship while at sixth form and then uni?
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Gagann)
I’m in year 10 and need to start applying for sixth form or apprenticeship but i heard that i can do an internship aswell. Not really sure what it means but can someone help me on what the difference is. I’m wanting to do my sixth form rather than Apprenticeship but can i do an internship while at sixth form and then uni?
'Internship' is just a fancy word for work experience! You go to an employer for somewhere between a day and three months to see how the job works and whether its a good match for you. There may well be opportunities during your A levels. Some internships at university level will be paid.

An apprenticeship is a full time job (normally) with time to study courses relating to your employment.
Gagann
Rep:
?
oh, i’d go for the internship then
Gagann
Rep:
?
anything else i need to know?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (50)
29.41%
No (120)
70.59%

Watched Threads