Feel embarrassed about having mental health

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m too scared to mention to my family that I might have it or my tutor I’m too scared to ask for a mentor to speak to. When I had college induction the college mentor said if I’m down about anything ask my tutor if I can get a chat with her but I’m too scared to. I think I am because KSI my favourite YouTuber was using depression as a roast and since then I feel like other people will do that.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everyone has mental health, the same as everyone has physical health. For some people it's good, for others its bad.

No one worth your energy will say damaging things to you and if they do, I hope they'd reevaluate and apologise.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Everyone has mental health, the same as everyone has physical health. For some people it's good, for others its bad.

No one worth your energy will say damaging things to you and if they do, I hope they'd reevaluate and apologise.
I know but I mean, depression and anxiety etc. Ksi did apologise but I still feel it’s stigmamitised
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know but I mean, depression and anxiety etc. Ksi did apologise but I still feel it’s stigmamitised
There will likely always be some level of stigma, don't let that dissuade you from getting help if you feel you could benefit from it.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 2 weeks ago
Where did he use it as a roast? I Wannasee
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Where did he use it as a roast? I Wannasee

He used it to mock joe weller
Moonlight rain
Report 2 weeks ago

Where ?
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

Its a roast, anything goes, and Weller handled it well.
Scottishlad888
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Dont be scared talk with your tutor if you dont want to do it l am asking you to do it for me then you can let us on TSR know how things went
CosmicApathy1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
KSI is a ****ing dope. I remember that "roast". Massive POS
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Its a roast, anything goes, and Weller handled it well.
I know, I don’t think he’s really saying anything wrong, he’s just saying you need drugs to keep you sane because it’s true.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Scottishlad888)
Dont be scared talk with your tutor if you dont want to do it l am asking you to do it for me then you can let us on TSR know how things went
No offence but it’s got nothing to with you
Moonlight rain
Report 2 weeks ago
I know, I don’t think he’s really saying anything wrong, he’s just saying you need drugs to keep you sane because it’s true.
I just watched that. He is absolutely disgusting. He even made a joke about self harm.
Ki Yung Na
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s good to talk to someone about how to find solutions to a problem you face. It doesn’t matter if it’s mental health or not, everybody has a down moment and there’s always someone who can pick you up.

Sometimes it will be yourself but other times it will be someone who has good intentions to want to help you get better.

Believe that good things happen.

Best wishes
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m too scared to mention to my family that I might have it or my tutor I’m too scared to ask for a mentor to speak to. When I had college induction the college mentor said if I’m down about anything ask my tutor if I can get a chat with her but I’m too scared to. I think I am because KSI my favourite YouTuber was using depression as a roast and since then I feel like other people will do that.
lol who cares what some nobody wannabe influencer thinks? talks to a counselor then, not your teacher.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
It’s good to talk to someone about how to find solutions to a problem you face. It doesn’t matter if it’s mental health or not, everybody has a down moment and there’s always someone who can pick you up.

Sometimes it will be yourself but other times it will be someone who has good intentions to want to help you get better.

Believe that good things happen.

Best wishes
I find it hard to talk though
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ciel.)
lol who cares what some nobody wannabe influencer thinks? talks to a counselor then, not your teacher.
I’m to embarrassed to
MadameRazz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
as far as i’m aware KSI is pretty problematic so i mean.... maybe watch other people lol. and most people aren’t douchebags so nobody will “roast” you.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
your tutor isn’t going to roast you. if they do they should lose their job.

but i understand not wanting to talk about it and feeling embarrassed. i think everyone with mh issues struggles with that. the best people to talk to tho are professionals cuz they expect that conversation and are trained to deal with it. just reach out to them. practically speaking what do you have to lose?
Ciel.
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m to embarrassed to
don't be. they deal with that sort of stuff every day. at least chat to someone online
https://www.childline.org.uk/get-sup...unsellor-chat/
it's anonymous
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads