LittleBirdx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

In 2011 I started my first degree, but had to drop out in my second year, I received student finance up until the semester I dropped out .. I now wish to study again but this time social work - does anyone know if I can get funding for this? I’ve read conflicting things. I applied and got a place with my new uni and I’m now really working the funding won’t come through and I won’t be able to study.

Any advise would be appreciated
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LittleBirdx)
Hi there,

In 2011 I started my first degree, but had to drop out in my second year, I received student finance up until the semester I dropped out .. I now wish to study again but this time social work - does anyone know if I can get funding for this? I’ve read conflicting things. I applied and got a place with my new uni and I’m now really working the funding won’t come through and I won’t be able to study.

Funding is degree length +1
You will have used 2 years so your funding status will be degree length-1 i.e they fund from year 2 onwards.

You can make what they call a compelling personal reasons claim to get one years finance restored where unavoidable events such as health forced you to drop out.

That would mean your degree funding would go to degree length +0, meaning they would fund for the length of your degree.

You can read more about a cpr claim here
http://documents.manchester.ac.uk/di...px?DocID=25908
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

Hi!

I would contact SFE on the phone and ask for some advice. Also, the uni that you have got a place with should have a financial support team that you can contact and ask for help and guidance with your situation.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

Hey LittleBirdx,

I would recommend calling student finance directly to chat about your situation. You can also call the finance department at your chosen university as they tend to have more information on these issues.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help and feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.
From,

Amina 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads