Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey guys I’m 18 & have just started uni.
As there’s no freshers it’s been a little difficult to meet people and build friendships however there have been some events. Whenever I go to the events with my friend she always gets approached by guys & hardly ever me. I’m a pretty girl ( don’t wanna sound big headed) but I can’t help but feel like she’s prettier! I’m starting to doubt myself and ask will I ever meet someone??

Please leave any advice/ reassurance... I feel really sad
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Focus on yourself and work on building up your self-esteem. You will find someone in time. This isn't something you can force and it's not something worth worrying over. It'll be okay.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey guys I’m 18 & have just started uni.
As there’s no freshers it’s been a little difficult to meet people and build friendships however there have been some events. Whenever I go to the events with my friend she always gets approached by guys & hardly ever me. I’m a pretty girl ( don’t wanna sound big headed) but I can’t help but feel like she’s prettier! I’m starting to doubt myself and ask will I ever meet someone??

Please leave any advice/ reassurance... I feel really sad
We live in a pandemic so act responsibility
Anonymous #3
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I went through it too. Please don’t compare yourself to her. There’s no point. Those guys that are moving to her aren’t going to last anyways. Don’t ever doubt yourself and degrade yourself and looks just because a boy didn’t move to you. I did that and I had to snap out of it coz thinking like this is so wrong in so many levels. You don’t need a guy to show you that you’re pretty. Walk and talk confident then you’ll get them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads