Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi I’m applying for 2021 entry for the dental hygiene and therapy course at Sheffield ... I’ve had a lot of mmi interviews at other universities but I know Sheffield don’t do MMIS and do a short 15 minute interview instead.. has anyone got any pointers on what it’s like and how it’s structured ?!
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi Anonymous #1,

Attending interviews can be a really nerve-wracking process, but it sounds like you've been doing lots of hard work to prepare! For information on interviews at Sheffield, check out the 'Apply Now' section on the course page - you'll probably find the 'Step 2 - attend our selection day' particularly useful. Our interview is part of a longer selection day, which includes an interpersonal skills task in a group setting. You'll also be able to find out more about the course, speak to current students and tour the school's facilities.

Let me know if you have any further questions!
-Ben
mxxj800
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi I’m applying for 2021 entry for the dental hygiene and therapy course at Sheffield ... I’ve had a lot of mmi interviews at other universities but I know Sheffield don’t do MMIS and do a short 15 minute interview instead.. has anyone got any pointers on what it’s like and how it’s structured ?!
Hey, I was planning to apply for this course as well.I haven't had any interviews yet. what did you get asked to do in the MMIS? and what other universities are you applying to?
mara.a
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by gracemanj800)
Hey, I was planning to apply for this course as well.I haven't had any interviews yet. what did you get asked to do in the MMIS? and what other universities are you applying to?
The deadline for Sheffield was 31st october! Have you applied? Last year I applied to leeds, Manchester, Newcastle for dentistry. This year I’m just applying at unis which do hygiene and therapy- Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff.... The mmis consist of different tasks that you have to complete like roleplays, analysing graphical data, ethical questions, motivation for dentistry etc. Unfortunately because of covid I didn’t get my grades that I needed so I’m reapplying this year .
mxxj800
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by mara.a)
The deadline for Sheffield was 31st october! Have you applied? Last year I applied to leeds, Manchester, Newcastle for dentistry. This year I’m just applying at unis which do hygiene and therapy- Birmingham, leeds, Cardiff.... The mmis consist of different tasks that you have to complete like roleplays, analysing graphical data, ethical questions, motivation for dentistry etc. Unfortunately because of covid I didn’t get my grades that I needed so I’m reapplying this year .
i have applied to portsmouth, bristol, plymouth and leeds. how did you prepare for the MMIs? I'm soo nervous.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by gracemanj800)
i have applied to portsmouth, bristol, plymouth and leeds. how did you prepare for the MMIs? I'm soo nervous.
So I used the medic portal to help me find questions. Have a read on how MMis actually work then research into every section properly... it helped me to get a sheet of paper for every section and then write the type of questions that would come in those sections. type mmi interviews into YouTube and you’ll find loads of videos, so watch as many as you can and generate answers to as many questions as you can... look at ethical scenarios( I found loads of examples on the medic portal) and write down answers.make sure you’re up to date with what issues are controversial in dentistry at the moment and know a few basics on dentistry. Get your analysis of graph and data skills up to scratch too as they ask you to interpret graphs in most MMIS. I had 4 MMI’s and I got offers from all 4 of those last year. If you need any further help then you can drop me a text on Instagram @___ammarah
mxxj800
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I used the medic portal to help me find questions. Have a read on how MMis actually work then research into every section properly... it helped me to get a sheet of paper for every section and then write the type of questions that would come in those sections. type mmi interviews into YouTube and you’ll find loads of videos, so watch as many as you can and generate answers to as many questions as you can... look at ethical scenarios( I found loads of examples on the medic portal) and write down answers.make sure you’re up to date with what issues are controversial in dentistry at the moment and know a few basics on dentistry. Get your analysis of graph and data skills up to scratch too as they ask you to interpret graphs in most MMIS. I had 4 MMI’s and I got offers from all 4 of those last year. If you need any further help then you can drop me a text on Instagram @___ammarah
aww, you're soo kind. i've sent you a request on IG. my ID is @grace.__m . thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.25%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (43)
19.28%

Watched Threads