Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
im a 16 year old who has just recently come out to my school councillor about the abuse me and my siblings face at home. when i was speaking to her on the phone she asked me what i wanted to happen. i told her that the best case scenario was for me and my siblings to be taken away from my parents. my home life is extremely unstable, i never know when my dad will get angry, as the slightest thing can throw him off and/or put him a bad mood which he will then take out on us, and i am scared to live at home. she asked whether my mum trys to helps to which i replied no, as she doesn’t. my mum sometimes is the cause behind why we get shouted at and beaten. my mum will intentionally lie and/or exaggerate something that has happened and go and tell our dad so that we can get into trouble. she also likes to blame everything wrong that goes on in our house on me and my sister(who is 20).
the counciller said that she was going to have to tell her manager, who is in charge or the safeguarding team at the school. she said since we are at home, since all my lessons are online, that she wouldnt call social services just yet? (im quite confused on this as i assumed that it has to be reported??)
right now im extremely confused and scared on whats going to happen as i know that now that i have told someone im being abused, once my parents find out it will put me in a worse position. when my parents find out and if im still living with them at that point i know that i will be beaten severely. i just want to know what happens when abuse gets reported to the school, and in my case will i be taken away?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
im a 16 year old who has just recently come out to my school councillor about the abuse me and my siblings face at home. when i was speaking to her on the phone she asked me what i wanted to happen. i told her that the best case scenario was for me and my siblings to be taken away from my parents. my home life is extremely unstable, i never know when my dad will get angry, as the slightest thing can throw him off and/or put him a bad mood which he will then take out on us, and i am scared to live at home. she asked whether my mum trys to helps to which i replied no, as she doesn’t. my mum sometimes is the cause behind why we get shouted at and beaten. my mum will intentionally lie and/or exaggerate something that has happened and go and tell our dad so that we can get into trouble. she also likes to blame everything wrong that goes on in our house on me and my sister(who is 20).
the counciller said that she was going to have to tell her manager, who is in charge or the safeguarding team at the school. she said since we are at home, since all my lessons are online, that she wouldnt call social services just yet? (im quite confused on this as i assumed that it has to be reported??)
right now im extremely confused and scared on whats going to happen as i know that now that i have told someone im being abused, once my parents find out it will put me in a worse position. when my parents find out and if im still living with them at that point i know that i will be beaten severely. i just want to know what happens when abuse gets reported to the school, and in my case will i be taken away?
How old are your siblings?
Did you provide any proof? Have you been taking pictures of any injuries or keeping a diary of events.
What you suggest is very serious so they have to assess what to do.
Have you talked to childline 0800 1111?

As for you, then you can leave home and maybe they would put you with foster carers or you could get put in a hostel.
I suggest you make a list of things you would take and pack a holdall with everything in, just in case you had to move quickly.
Ideally they would move all of you together, but social workers would need to establish what was going on.

You should talk to the counsellor and ask what was going to happen next as you are concerned things would happen beyond your control and you would end up paying the consequences of confiding in them. If you dont trust them, then ask a teacher you do trust to speak to them. If they are doing their job, then you are their client and your welfare should be paramount i.e they are on your side.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
How old are your siblings?
Did you provide any proof? Have you been taking pictures of any injuries or keeping a diary of events.
What you suggest is very serious so they have to assess what to do.
Have you talked to childline 0800 1111?

As for you, then you can leave home and maybe they would put you with foster carers or you could get put in a hostel.
I suggest you make a list of things you would take and pack a holdall with everything in, just in case you had to move quickly.
Ideally they would move all of you together, but social workers would need to establish what was going on.

You should talk to the counsellor and ask what was going to happen next as you are concerned things would happen beyond your control and you would end up paying the consequences of confiding in them. If you dont trust them, then ask a teacher you do trust to speak to them. If they are doing their job, then you are their client and your welfare should be paramount i.e they are on your side.
hi tysm for replying as it really does help me.
i have two younger siblings (7 and 12) and also two older ones (18 and 20).
as far as proof goes the only thing that i have are voice recordings of them shouting, as it is very hard to get one of when my dad’s hitting us because i never know when that going to happen. my older sister does have many old diaries though.
the councillor has told me to come into school as i assume she wants to meet with me and talk further, so i will relay my concerns then.
thank you, again
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
hi tysm for replying as it really does help me.
i have two younger siblings (7 and 12) and also two older ones (18 and 20).
as far as proof goes the only thing that i have are voice recordings of them shouting, as it is very hard to get one of when my dad’s hitting us because i never know when that going to happen. my older sister does have many old diaries though.
the councillor has told me to come into school as i assume she wants to meet with me and talk further, so i will relay my concerns then.
thank you, again
Will the older siblings back you up?
Would you be ok moving home and into care on your own?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
Will the older siblings back you up?
Would you be ok moving home and into care on your own?
by older siblings backing me up, i assume you mean they would say we are getting abuse. if so then my sister would definitely tell and my brother probably will as well.
i would be ok with moving into care on my own, because at this point anywhere is better than here.
my situation has now been reported to local authorities so i hope ill get the help i need.
thank you!
999tigger
Report 2 weeks ago
by older siblings backing me up, i assume you mean they would say we are getting abuse. if so then my sister would definitely tell and my brother probably will as well.
i would be ok with moving into care on my own, because at this point anywhere is better than here.
my situation has now been reported to local authorities so i hope ill get the help i need.
thank you!
Pack that bag.
Point out as soon as your parents find out then it will be the worse for you.
Hopefully you get moved to foster care or a hostel where you wont be abused.
Be prepared to be disowned and threatened by father.

Not being abused will be a step forward, then if you go to uni you can find a way of staying there and keeping your independence.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (190)
29.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.41%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.98%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.36%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.89%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.81%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.88%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.25%

Watched Threads