Should I not date this guy?

Watch
drtfyguh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I've known him for a week now and we're meant to go out on a date next week but I'm second guessing it all. I find him attractive and like him but our personalities are very different (nearly the opposite), we do have some similar interests but they are still things I'm not really into, his jokes are always over the top dark humoured and sexual (but I do find him funny, it just seems inappropriate with us not being close at all), he can be immature and is at a different stage in life than me. I do get on well with him but I can't tell if that's just me being delusional.
I don't know if I should let this keep going (I'm one of those people to stick things out so I'm worried how far I might let this go) or whether to stop talking to him and tell him I'm not interested. I don't want to regret anything. I really overthink things so it's making the decision harder. my friends don't like him and think I could do much better but I'm worried I might let go of someone who could be right for me. I don't want to string him along or hurt him so I feel even more in a rush to make a decision.
What would you do? and how do you judge if someone is worth dating?
Any opinions or advice please.
Thank you
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
As a guide, a good relationship should be comfortable and nobody should have so many differences and challenges to overcome. If it is so stressful it may be best to go slow.
artlessglide
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by drtfyguh)
I've known him for a week now and we're meant to go out on a date next week but I'm second guessing it all. I find him attractive and like him but our personalities are very different (nearly the opposite), we do have some similar interests but they are still things I'm not really into, his jokes are always over the top dark humoured and sexual (but I do find him funny, it just seems inappropriate with us not being close at all), he can be immature and is at a different stage in life than me. I do get on well with him but I can't tell if that's just me being delusional.
I don't know if I should let this keep going (I'm one of those people to stick things out so I'm worried how far I might let this go) or whether to stop talking to him and tell him I'm not interested. I don't want to regret anything. I really overthink things so it's making the decision harder. my friends don't like him and think I could do much better but I'm worried I might let go of someone who could be right for me. I don't want to string him along or hurt him so I feel even more in a rush to make a decision.
What would you do? and how do you judge if someone is worth dating?
Any opinions or advice please.
Thank you
That is in every relationship trust and support to one another is very important
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
If in doubt, as you seem, best say no and call it off now. You have Covid 19 as an excuse if you don't wish to be harsh or say why.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
This guy I'm talking about I've had a crush on for a really long time (we went to the same college) but only in the past week have we spoken to each other online, so I'm even more disheartened at the possible thought of letting him go. Should I decide now to end things or take it slow and see where it goes (even if it just progressively gets worse)?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This guy I'm talking about I've had a crush on for a really long time (we went to the same college) but only in the past week have we spoken to each other online, so I'm even more disheartened at the possible thought of letting him go. Should I decide now to end things or take it slow and see where it goes (even if it just progressively gets worse)?
Sorry I accidently posted anonymously :s
drtfyguh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Sorry I accidently posted anonymously :s
I don't know how I managed to ruin making that not anonymous as well. sorry guys for spamming I'm new to this forum. <3
imaniii
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by NowAndThen)
As a guide, a good relationship should be comfortable and nobody should have so many differences and challenges to overcome. If it is so stressful it may be best to go slow.
So true. If it’s stressing you out that much, you might as well shift your focus on someone else!
chopingirl
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just don't do anything you're uncomfortable with so if he wants you to go back to his place or tries to touch you, you have to be ready to say no and stand up for yourself even if he tries to humiliate you, and tbh he sounds like the type that would humiliate you if he doesn't get what he wants.
NowAndThen
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chopingirl)
Just don't do anything you're uncomfortable with so if he wants you to go back to his place or tries to touch you, you have to be ready to say no and stand up for yourself even if he tries to humiliate you, and tbh he sounds like the type that would humiliate you if he doesn't get what he wants.
Well put.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(OP here)
Well he's now ghosting me for no obvious reason so I guess it's not my choice anymore.
Any reason why a guy goes from talking to you everyday to completely ignoring you?
Ackhnologia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(OP here)
Well he's now ghosting me for no obvious reason so I guess it's not my choice anymore.
Any reason why a guy goes from talking to you everyday to completely ignoring you?
Hi there
To avoid posting anonymously, make sure that you uncheck the "post anonymously" box.

Umm...
Did something happened for him to start ghosting you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (59)
14.97%
I'm not sure (14)
3.55%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (134)
34.01%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.52%
I'm not a current university student (181)
45.94%

Watched Threads