s4rah678
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’m in year 12 my Gcses are : 1 A* , 4 As and 4 Bs i take chemistry maths and physics alevel and i’m doing a epq related to dentistry + extra curriculars shall i even bother applying to dentistry since it’s so competitive and most applicants have mostly A*s or 9s
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Try and post in the dentistry forum next time please, not the A Level forum.
What were the Bs in at GCSE?
Are you eligible for contextual offers?
s4rah678
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Try and post in the dentistry forum next time please, not the A Level forum.
What were the Bs in at GCSE?
Are you eligible for contextual offers?
Thank you for the reply.I have Bs in english ,history, french and psychology , yes i am eligible for contextual offers . If i don’t get in for undergraduate i want to do postgrad dentistry.
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I've just realised you're not doing biology which is an essential subject for dentistry - that's an immediate rejection, even for graduate entry dentistry.
Really? I thought it depended on the university... I thought you just had to have chemistry plus another science or maths subject for most
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Chopinnocturne31)
Really? I thought it depended on the university... I thought you just had to have chemistry plus another science or maths subject for most
Oh that’s true my bad...maybe answering questions at midnight is was not a good idea :facepalm:I’ll get back to the OP later as I’m in clinics right now
Chopinnocturne31
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Oh that’s true my bad...maybe answering questions at midnight is was not a good idea :facepalm:I’ll get back to the OP later as I’m in clinics right now
Ooh have fun :dance:
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by s4rah678)
Thank you for the reply.I have Bs in english ,history, french and psychology , yes i am eligible for contextual offers . If i don’t get in for undergraduate i want to do postgrad dentistry.
(Original post by s4rah678)
i’m in year 12 my Gcses are : 1 A* , 4 As and 4 Bs i take chemistry maths and physics alevel and i’m doing a epq related to dentistry + extra curriculars shall i even bother applying to dentistry since it’s so competitive and most applicants have mostly A*s or 9s
Okay I've just had a better look and due to you not have biology A-Level or sufficient GCSEs, you are only eligible to apply to 2 dental schools, those being KCL and Bristol.
If you're eligible for contextual, this expands to:
- Bristol gateway
- Dundee gateway

You can't apply to the following schools because:
- Barts/QMUL - don't meet GCSE requirements
- Plymouth - require biology A Level
- Cardiff - requires biology
- Manchester - requires biology and don't meet GCSE requirements
- Newcastle - requires biology
- Sheffield - requires biology and don't meet GCSE requirements
- Liverpool - requires biology and don't meet GCSE requirements
- Birmingham - requires biology and don't meet GCSE requirements (unless your A* at GCSE is in biology?)
- Leeds - requires biology
- Glasgow - requires biology and don't meet GCSE requirements
- Dundee - requires biology
- QUB - requires biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (28)
9.62%
Okay (86)
29.55%
A bit lacking (105)
36.08%
Not good at all (72)
24.74%

Watched Threads