Just withdrew from uni but now changed my mind

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I completed first year averaging a 2:1. Will they take me back for re-enrolment into second year?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I completed first year averaging a 2:1. Will they take me back for re-enrolment into second year?
If you have formally withdrawn, you'll need to contact the university (ideally call, not email) to ask if they are willing to take you back. Then contact Student Finance, accommodation etc. once you have their answer.

What made you drop out in the first place? If that issue hasn't resolved, maybe take some time to consider what you need.
Mkb24764
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oops.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If you have formally withdrawn, you'll need to contact the university (ideally call, not email) to ask if they are willing to take you back. Then contact Student Finance, accommodation etc. once you have their answer.

What made you drop out in the first place? If that issue hasn't resolved, maybe take some time to consider what you need.
I dropped out because I transferred to another uni. I now want to return to my original uni because the course was better, and the other factors, the ones that made me transfer in the first place, now mean nothing because uni is now all online. I didn't know unis would all be online until now. Thought corona would be gone by September.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mkb24764)
Oops.
://
Anonymous #1
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
If you have formally withdrawn
By the way, after requesting a withdrawal I didn't get any confirmation that I had been withdrawn. No email, nothing. I just checked my 'study status' online a couple of days ago and it said 'withdrawn'.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
By the way, after requesting a withdrawal I didn't get any confirmation that I had been withdrawn. No email, nothing. I just checked my 'study status' online a couple of days ago and it said 'withdrawn'.
You'll need to contact the university to confirm what your status is and request to return. That's all you can do.
SquareLetterhead
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I don’t have any advice but I’m in a similar position. I withdrew from my masters course on Monday this week and transferred to another university so I could live at home. Now I’m at home I’m not sure that I made the right decision. I am not sure if it’s worth asking if I can reverse my decision.

Did you enquire about going back? I wish you luck with everything!
Xarao
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That means they have officially withdrawn you. You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Xarao)
That means they have officially withdrawn you. You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.
There will be people withdrawing this year so some hope. But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.
Last edited by Scotney; 3 weeks ago
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ring them and beg.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Scotney)
There will be people withdrawing this year so some hope. But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.
Well you're just plain screwed then.
Scotney
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Xarao)
Are these comments helpful? Just saying!
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are these comments helpful? Just saying!
There's nothing we can do. It's up to you to call and find out...?
JockstrapAttack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You probably should have given your decision a lot more thought and consideration. This is just plain clownery...
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Xarao)
No, but this is a life lesson in the big bad world. Your decisions have consequences.
Xarao
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JockstrapAttack)
You probably should have given your decision a lot more thought and consideration. This is just plain clownery...
Agreed. I'd be surprised if he was taken back tbh.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SquareLetterhead)
I don’t have any advice but I’m in a similar position. I withdrew from my masters course on Monday this week and transferred to another university so I could live at home. Now I’m at home I’m not sure that I made the right decision. I am not sure if it’s worth asking if I can reverse my decision.

Did you enquire about going back? I wish you luck with everything!
Thanks

If you're sure that you want to return and have weighed out all the pros and cons, I would advise that it's definitely worth asking if you can return. ASAP.

I asked my uni and am now just waiting for their response...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Xarao)
You'll probably be asked to apply via UCAS for clearing/next year.
If this is the case then I'll definitely be staying at my current uni.

I also don't think clearing would be realistic. I'm sure there's space on my course, and unis want students' money right now.
Anonymous #1
But what about new uni have you signed tenancy agreements and agreed to pay fees?Applies to both posters re fees.
I'm living at home, not in uni accom, so that's not an issue.

As for fees, I think that if I withdraw from my current uni early enough there will be no fee issues.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (49)
16.23%
I'm not sure (8)
2.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (103)
34.11%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.32%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.7%

Watched Threads