gracelulu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hello, I was just wondering if there are questions in one of the papers asking about particular tenses? e.g. preterite
Do I need to memorise all of them?

Thank you.
Last edited by gracelulu; 3 months ago
kp07l
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Don't know what board you're taking and it's a long time since I did my Spanish A Level but yes, you're expected to answer questions relating to tenses as part of the grammar component on several papers. You'll need to memorise it for reading and also know enough to write the set text essay and grammar questions.
From what I remember (I got an A*) you need to know (indicative) present, preterite, perfect, imperfect, future, conditional + perfect tense variations and subjunctive present and imperfect as well, as well as possibly using haber in subjunctive perfect constructions e.g. "me alegro que lo hayas recibido".
DeliaMoreno
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No direct questions on tenses but you need to know them to summarise, translate, etc etc. Knowledge on tenses is everywhere but remember, there's no tick box like : use of past tense, use of conditional,... in your essay for example or in your speaking. Writing and speaking must sound natural without trying to use X amount of tenses but with good idiomatic expressions and linking words. Saludos, Delia from Spanish no panic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (29)
15.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (57)
29.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (75)
39.27%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (25)
13.09%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed